Erie Otters 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
From 2009-2015 Butler had his team in two OHL finals and a conference final where arguably his best team lost to Oshawa.
It was 2005 then 2019 for such appearances by the ‘67s.

The breadth of Butlers lack of achievement speaks for itself. He is a useless dinosaur.

Reactions: DWI Dale and Buttsy

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
The breadth of Butlers lack of achievement speaks for itself. He is a useless dinosaur.

That's my fear...

Hopeful, however, maybe he slides into a GM role where a younger, more permanent, coach can be selected looking at mid to long term and he just helps build, design, and implement teams geared towards growth and success.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Lalonde’s first win since Thanksgiving. Glad that monkey is off his back.

Terrance had a lot of highlight reel plays tonight. A win is refreshing.

Reactions: Mata

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
McDonald with the lead...

Attachments

• IMG_20230128_224040_01.jpg
    IMG_20230128_224040_01.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: You Otter Be There

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Thoroughly enjoying the “boos” every time Lavoie touches the puck.

It’s a throwback to the Marner, Tkuchuk, Dvorak, line a few years back.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
That's my fear...

Hopeful, however, maybe he slides into a GM role where a younger, more permanent, coach can be selected looking at mid to long term and he just helps build, design, and implement teams geared towards growth and success.
I really don’t think you want him as a GM only? He will try and develop a team that would be exactly what he likes to coach …. An outdated clog up the neutral zone team that sits back and waits for the 1-2 mistakes per period the other teams make? It can be a very tough game to watch as a fan. I feel bad for you supporters as unless during his health sabbatical he “saw the light” you are about to see first hand how much the game has changed. I wish you all the best as fan support has always been good for the Otters assuming they are at least competitive. I just don’t understand this hire I was sure we had seen all of Mr B we were going to see when he left.

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
Where has NOA been ??

I think it was around the time of the ( Fimis) trade - maybe he pulled the plug for this year ??

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
They are anticipating 5500+ for the game today. That would make 3 straight with over 5k in attendance.

Reactions: OttersFan

OttersZone

Jul 1, 2022
Erie PA
Oshawa is up 3-0 so far tonight. Rough start for Stan Butler’s Otters coaching career as his team has been outscored 8-1 in the past 24 hours

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Oshawa is up 3-0 so far tonight. Rough start for Stan Butler’s Otters coaching career as his team has been outscored 8-1 in the past 24 hours
Realistically it’ll take a while to feel Butler’s coaching trickle down. They haven’t had many days of practice on top of unlearning almost 5 years of bad habits. Butler can’t make many line up changes since he doesn’t know their style just yet. I’m sure he’s kept his eyes on Erie this season, but you can only say so much as a coach before it registers to see results.

Last edited:

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Apparently an apology is required by myself. My last post on this forum was intended as good natured fan banter, much like one would encounter at a live game.

It was interpreted as trolling and a warning was issued by a moderator, which I acknowledge and accept. If Erie fans were truely offended by my post, I do apologize.

• Haha
Reactions: TheCoach

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Apparently an apology is required by myself. My last post on this forum was intended as good natured fan banter, much like one would encounter at a live game.

It was interpreted as trolling and a warning was issued by a moderator, which I acknowledge and accept. If Erie fans were truely offended by my post, I do apologize.
No harm no foul. I personally don't recognize participation trophies and teach my daughter the same. We are a dying breed lol!

Reactions: Purple Phart

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA

Not sure what it was but all good

hopefully we’ll actually be able to compete down the road w ya guys again some year again ..🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Purple Phart

OttersZone

Jul 1, 2022
Erie PA
Otters fall 4-3 tonight in Saginaw. Good fight but penalty cost them in the final minutes. Butler 0-3 as head coach… next two games at LDN and NB really tough
Solid at home 11-12-3
Terrible at road 5-14-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad