Speculation: Eric, Ward, Skinner on trading block?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
You know the opposite will happen though. Lee will and then there will be a ton of "I told you so" posts.

I don't even think anyone has argued about Lee's value in there because we don't really know his full story and we aren't idiots, generally speaking.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey · 33m
We do RT @jamesasteven: @dmorey Do nba GMs (to your knowledge) ever gain trade/transaction ideas from online message boards/fans?

That can be the only explanation for some of the proposals on that board. Hoping that there's an off chance an NHL GM will look at the proposal and put something equally lopsided out there. :laugh:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That can be the only explanation for some of the proposals on that board. Hoping that there's an off chance an NHL GM will look at the proposal and put something equally lopsided out there. :laugh:

Maybe they use them as inspiration for a ludicrous starting point, then bring the price to a reasonable place?

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
That guy may be one of the stupidest posters I've seen on here. I called him on like 5 ridiculous things he said and he keeps going on about how he proved me 1000% wrong. Now he's still arguing the same points with other people. Feels like arguing with a little kid when you explain to them why they're wrong and they still think they're right.
welcome to #internet

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
With Francis coming in, I'm almost sure he holds on to the "big guns" on this team. Meaning, he isn't trading EStaal and he isn't trading Skinner. You can't trade your top goal scorer on a team that doesn't score goals. Yes, Skinner has issues, so it's hard to find the best line mates to use him to his fullest.

Ward is a different story. It's clear Carolina can go on with Khudobin. It's clear Carolina needs the cap room; Ward has to go. If that means adding Carolina's 1st to Ward to trade for someone like...I don't know..Byfuglien, like someone mentioned (I have no idea if that deal would work), then Carolina should do it.

As far as what moves should be made.. I think you have to find a winger for EStaal. Maybe that comes through the Ward trade, I don't know. Maybe sign someone like Michalek. I like JStaal and Semin together.

Skinner needs a very smart, defensively-reliable center, like a Sutter, and a big body that will park himself in front of the net. Can the Canes acquire Sutter or a Sutter-type player, with a Tlusty+Nash(+) deal? I don't know. Or maybe a Ward deal for someone like Backlund..

I like the idea of Kulemin with Skinner, being the player parking himself in front of the net.

Michalek EStaal Lindholm
Gerbe JStaal Semin
Skinner Backlund Kulemin
Dwyer Malhotra whoever

After putting the defense together, if cap room would still be an issue, I don't think Liles is untradeable.

Last edited:

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I can't even bring myself to reply in that thread anymore. I'm just sitting there like

228.gif

Edit: omg CptKirk just threw the hammer down

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
In an article written by Larry Brooks on Sunday, he quickly mentions the possibility that Marc Staal may not be heading this way, but instead Eric and or Jordan would join Marc in NY.

THEORETICALLY but with realistic proposals, what would make sense for both sides if they were to send Eric or Eric and Jordan to the Rangers?

Kreider must be included.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
In an article written by Larry Brooks on Sunday, he quickly mentions the possibility that Marc Staal may not be heading this way, but instead Eric and or Jordan would join Marc in NY.

THEORETICALLY but with realistic proposals, what would make sense for both sides if they were to send Eric or Eric and Jordan to the Rangers?

Kreider must be included.

McDonagh and Brassard for both. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I may be reading too much into this, but I thought the quotes regarding last night's game were interesting:

“It’s unexplainable, the effort we had,†Harrison said. “That’s not our game, not our preparation. We clearly were not ready to go. The accountability in the room … this can’t be tolerated. The effort and inspiration has to be better.â€

“There are guys in here with a lot of pride,†Skinner said. “We’ve got guys who have been pros for a long time. It’s disappointing where we are but we still have a job to do.â€

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/03...-islanders.html?sp=/99/103/400/#storylink=cpy

Those seem like not so subtle shots at the leadership in the lockeroom, no?

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
With Francis coming in, I'm almost sure he holds on to the "big guns" on this team. Meaning, he isn't trading EStaal and he isn't trading Skinner. You can't trade your top goal scorer on a team that doesn't score goals. Yes, Skinner has issues, so it's hard to find the best line mates to use him to his fullest.

Ward is a different story. It's clear Carolina can go on with Khudobin. It's clear Carolina needs the cap room; Ward has to go. If that means adding Carolina's 1st to Ward to trade for someone like...I don't know..Byfuglien, like someone mentioned (I have no idea if that deal would work), then Carolina should do it.

As far as what moves should be made.. I think you have to find a winger for EStaal. Maybe that comes through the Ward trade, I don't know. Maybe sign someone like Michalek. I like JStaal and Semin together.

Skinner needs a very smart, defensively-reliable center, like a Sutter, and a big body that will park himself in front of the net. Can the Canes acquire Sutter or a Sutter-type player, with a Tlusty+Nash(+) deal? I don't know. Or maybe a Ward deal for someone like Backlund..

I like the idea of Kulemin with Skinner, being the player parking himself in front of the net.

Michalek EStaal Lindholm
Gerbe JStaal Semin
Skinner Backlund Kulemin
Dwyer Malhotra whoever

After putting the defense together, if cap room would still be an issue, I don't think Liles is untradeable.

I agree. The first thing that will happen is a new coaching staff and they will have some time to evaluate the team. The only guy I see being moved is ward. Now if we get 20-40 games into next season and its not working then blow it up and start over. For some reason muller is not getting through to this team.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Those seem like not so subtle shots at the leadership in the lockeroom, no?

As two guys that are a couple of the longest tenured Canes, they have to be talking about themselves as much as anybody else.

Only E. Staal, C. Ward, Dwyer have been with the Canes longer than Harrison and Skinner. (tlusty longer than Skinner by a bit also). They are two of the more veteran Canes.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
As two guys that are a couple of the longest tenured Canes, they have to be talking about themselves as much as anybody else.

Only E. Staal, C. Ward, Dwyer have been with the Canes longer than Harrison and Skinner. (tlusty longer than Skinner by a bit also). They are two of the more veteran Canes.

They never said longest tenured Canes, simply guys that have been pros a long time. That could apply to either Staal, Sekera, or yes, themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad