Speculation: Eric, Ward, Skinner on trading block?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't want to trade any of these players from an emotional standpoint. I like them all and have jerseys for most of the big names mentioned on the trade block. I think there are definitely moves that can be made to supplement this lineup to make them into a playoff team. Maybe Francis or some other GM can finally solve that puzzle. But we've fallen for that too many times before. If they decided to give it another shot with some of these guys and pieces added, I'd give the new GM a shot at it, but I'd rather make some big changes. Not just to make changes, but because I'm tired of the same stuff different year. If we have to miss, I'd rather it be while trying a new direction. With the proper vision, it could be done and done well. I haven't seen any reasons for why any given player can't or shouldn't be traded that can't be overcome.

It wouldn't be easy to trade any or a few of those players, but it could be done, and it could be done in a way where you rebuild, or it could be done in a way with just changing the dynamic of the team and still trying to compete for a playoff spot while also getting ready for the future. I guess the only issue is, if Francis is the new GM, no matter how much training he has, is he ready to make deals of that magnitude? We'll see.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
My head is starting to hurt after spending too much time on the trade board.

Skinner for Edler and Booth would be a good deal because Edler is a highly coveted first pairing offensive defenseman and Booth could easily put up a lot of points in Carolina.

Nathan Gerbe is a cap dump.... and a center.

'To get Anders Lee, you start with Faulk and Khudobin'.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Remember last year during the draft when we all made this our avatar?

10151958_10152261370830709_1731053236_n.jpg

Can we all do it again and then go flood the trade board? The resulting lols would be pretty epic :laugh:

though maybe daveg #daveg #mod #satin might disapprove? :)

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh

Can we all do it again and then go flood the trade board? The resulting lols would be pretty epic :laugh:

though maybe daveg #daveg #mod #satin might disapprove? :)

No. A new template is needed. Start with this... the hair is an important distinction.

180px-Ron_Francis.jpg

Full disclosure: I wasn't around for that. The guy behind the trollface is JR, right?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

The trade board is almost unreadable as it stands now. Why do this and make it fully unreadable?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I don't understand that guy's (IslesWillRise or whatever) thinking. Not only is Gerbe a cap dump, but he also couldn't crack their top 9.

He's on a 550k 2 way contract and would be 5th on their team in both goals and points, yet he somehow can't crack their top 9?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I'm still trying to figure on why Anders Lee, the 23 year old 6th round pick with 15 NHL games under his belt is this immovable stud. He wasn't even a PPG player in college, what's the deal?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I don't understand that guy's (IslesWillRise or whatever) thinking. Not only is Gerbe a cap dump, but he also couldn't crack their top 9.

He's on a 550k 2 way contract and would be 5th on their team in both goals and points, yet he somehow can't crack their top 9?

That guy may be one of the stupidest posters I've seen on here. I called him on like 5 ridiculous things he said and he keeps going on about how he proved me 1000% wrong. Now he's still arguing the same points with other people. Feels like arguing with a little kid when you explain to them why they're wrong and they still think they're right.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
That guy may be one of the stupidest posters I've seen on here. I called him on like 5 ridiculous things he said and he keeps going on about how he proved me 1000% wrong. Now he's still arguing the same points with other people. Feels like arguing with a little kid when you explain to them why they're wrong and they still think they're right.

What makes you sure he isn't? :laugh:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Seems pretty obvious he's a child or a troll. As the saying goes, don't feed the troll, or children.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm still trying to figure on why Anders Lee, the 23 year old 6th round pick with 15 NHL games under his belt is this immovable stud. He wasn't even a PPG player in college, what's the deal?

I legit wound up with him somehow in NHL 14, 6 or 7 seasons in. Don't even remember how I got him, but I just noticed :laugh:

He peaks (or at least he did for me) as a 79 OA TWF 3rd liner with a decent shot and a 90 something in body checking but somehow only a low 70 in Aggressiveness.

He's currently my #1C in Charlotte cause I have Lindholm/Kesler/Lokti down the middle and I didn't want to make him a 4th liner. Mostly because his face off is barely 60.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I legit wound up with him somehow in NHL 14, 6 or 7 seasons in. Don't even remember how I got him, but I just noticed :laugh:

He peaks (or at least he did for me) as a 79 OA TWF 3rd liner with a decent shot and a 90 something in body checking but somehow only a low 70 in Aggressiveness.

He's currently my #1C in Charlotte cause I have Lindholm/Kesler/Lokti down the middle and I didn't want to make him a 4th liner. Mostly because his face off is barely 60.

If you could post that in the trade thread as a justification why he isn't worth that much I would be forever grateful.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Because his unsustainable 10 points in 11 games this season has them thinking he's the next big thing.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
If you could post that in the trade thread as a justification why he isn't worth that much I would be forever grateful.

If Dave shoots me a one time, regardless of reason "Guaranteed No Infraction for One Post" card then I'll be all over it. With the current state of things in that thread (ie Nabakov is better than Ward and anyone who thinks otherwise is out to lunch on Jupiter) I'm hesitant to post it without one. :laugh:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
You know the opposite will happen though. Lee will and then there will be a ton of "I told you so" posts.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
If Dave shoots me a one time, regardless of reason "Guaranteed No Infraction for One Post" card then I'll be all over it. With the current state of things in that thread (ie Nabakov is better than Ward and anyone who thinks otherwise is out to lunch on Jupiter) I'm hesitant to post it without one. :laugh:

Pfft. You're all talk. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad