Confirmed with Link: Eric Gryba for pick 107(Christian Wolanin) and Travis Ewanyk

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Always liked Gryba...

Wish him all the best, hopefully he can crack Edmonton on the back end.

RIP To the best Sens Beard.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
They won't move either of them because Phillips will likely retire.

Based on what?

Phillips retiring doesn't take **** off the books, and why would he retire anyway? He'll never in his life be able to earn that 2.5 million in a year again.

Phillips isn't going away, sorry guys.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for the good soldier years of service Gryba, you did relatively well, within your limits

Hopefully no more of this then.

Unfortunately, we basically lost the series because of that play too. We win one of those OTs and we had the series.

they're pushing to get things done.

Not sure what you're implying but BMurray has always been one of the most active GMs in the league...

I would not use the word "genius" for someone who is cleaning up their own mess!

Mess? lol what mess? I'm not saying use the word "genius" but I would use "mess" even less

If Greening and Phillips contracts is what we call a mess... then this fanbase is still very green

Tnouc Alucard

Sep 10, 2014
Lazar is an NHL player. He will be an Ottawa Senator next year.

I don't care about waiver eligibility etc. That's over-thinking the situation. Curtis Lazar is an NHL player.

Last year the only two options were Junior or the NHL, but this season he's eligible to be sent to the AHL, and I would not be surprised if he did spend some time there...........it's up to him and his play, if he falls off he could be sent down. Pageau has been back and forth between the NHL & AHL, so Lazar is not immune to being sent down either.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
Eller is happy he won't have to worry about Gryba. His solid hits will be missed and other guys will have to step up for the pk. Big tough man around his net who got better at fighting when challenged as time went on. Those are the pluses.

On the minus side, took bad penalties deserved or not. No offense to speak of and prone to giving up the puck when trying to make a pass from deep in his zone. Not really suited to the Sens style of play of quickly moving the puck up to the forwards and then supporting the play. A bit like Volchenkov but times have changed.

source

Jul 13, 2008
The turnover in OT was soul crushing but people need to tone it down

It was the right play, he just executed poorly. That's better than making the wrong play but executing that perfectly

Brodeur making the right play but executing poorly.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Ewanyk also has hair like me... I approve

Ewanyk regardless of his hair was a contract the Oilers wanted to move out. Like how Ottawa moved out Ludwig K who they didn't want in the Spezza trade........

Ewanyk will most likely end up in Evansville as Kramer and Dunn are ahead of him.....

Just a contract Ottawa got stuck with..........

neutral zone trap13

Dec 15, 2009
Ottawa
Methot - Erik Norrisson
Cowen - Ceci
Weircououcuouch - Boro
Wideman

Looks alright, would like to add another top 4 (please Cowen become that top 4)

WhiteLight*

It was always gonna be one of Gryba, Cowen or Wiercioch to move. The right choice was made. Gryba has the most limited ability.

The only way one of Cowen or Wiercioch move this summer is if they add another proven top 4 somehow. That doesn't seem likely. So one will be in the top 4 next year.

WhiteLight*

Ewanyk regardless of his hair was a contract the Oilers wanted to move out. Like how Ottawa moved out Ludwig K who they didn't want in the Spezza trade........

Ewanyk will most likely end up in Evansville as Kramer and Dunn are ahead of him.....

Just a contract Ottawa got stuck with..........

I don't know about Dunn....

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Whether you liked Gryba or not the reality of the situation was that you could only have one of him or Boro in your top 6 and Boro is the better guy to have in bottom pairing with his leadership and grit so it's no brainer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad