Prospect Info: Eric Cornel (2014, 44th) – '18-19: Rochester #20 (AHL)

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I really liked this player coming into the OHL and thought he'd end up as a high-end pick if he filled out, but he hasn't quite yet.
Really projectable skills.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I like the offensive upside and wouldn't mind him at either wing or center. I like his wrist shot and I like how he seems to buzz around the net finding space (not driving and staying put with traffic around). Obvious concerns with "soft" label thrown out there, though I just think it's more of a natural perimeter game that finds open areas of the ice and not someone who goes out of his way to avoid contact.

Like his skating too. Curious to see how he does this next season in Peterborough.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Hey guys! Petes fan here.. You guys are going to love Cornel.. At times he was our best forward last season even over Nick Ritchie... Cornel reads the game really well and never really makes a "glaring mistake" so to speak... This up coming season will be a competing year for the Petes and Cornel will be relied up heavily to put the puck in the net and he should develop nicely if he has put on some weight.. Any feedback from rookie camp would be much appreciated, thanks!

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Hey guys! Petes fan here.. You guys are going to love Cornel.. At times he was our best forward last season even over Nick Ritchie... Cornel reads the game really well and never really makes a "glaring mistake" so to speak... This up coming season will be a competing year for the Petes and Cornel will be relied up heavily to put the puck in the net and he should develop nicely if he has put on some weight.. Any feedback from rookie camp would be much appreciated, thanks!
I always appreciate these site reports. Thanks!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Cornel is going to be a star

I don't know if he'll be a star but I think he's one of the best candidates to be a riser in his post-draft season. Assuming he and Ritchie are both back on the same team, they're gonna go wild.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Peterborough's 2015 Training Camp Ice Schedule:
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
6:00 pm FITNESS TESTING *Open to media and team personnel only

Wednesday, September 2, 2015
10:45 am Game 1 Team East Side Mario’s vs Team Gatorade
6:15 pm Game 2 Team CCM vs Team Gatorade

Thursday, September 3, 2015
9:00 am Game 3 Team East Side Mario’s vs Team CCM

Friday, September 4,2015
6:00 pm MAROON AND WHITE GAME

Saturday, September 5, 2015
7:00 pm Exhibition Game One @ Hamilton 7:00 pm

Monday, September 7, 2015
2:05 pm Exhibition Game Two vs Oshawa – 2:05 pm

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I don't know about this guy. I have never seen him play, but his stats in his post draft year aren't anything to write home about. Not sure how or if his team factored into that. I don't remember him being a payer to keep an eye on in the Sabres rookie camps. Hopefully he can show something this season.

I don't think he has been offered a contract, has he?

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I don't know about this guy. I have never seen him play, but his stats in his post draft year aren't anything to write home about. Not sure how or if his team factored into that. I don't remember him being a payer to keep an eye on in the Sabres rookie camps. Hopefully he can show something this season.

I don't think he has been offered a contract, has he?

Never replicated his run from the last 20 games of his draft year. It has looked like he turned a corner, but last year was definitely a down year. Has a lot more to show, lets hope it is this year.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Also, three relevant webstreams from training camp:
In addition, all training camp games, including the annual Maroon and White game on Friday, Sept. 4 at 6:00pm, will be broadcast live on YouTube with Extra 90.5fm’s David Foot to deliver the play-by-play. The livestream links are as follows:

Game One – Wed., Sept. 2 @ 10:45am – ESM vs. Gatorade - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL1KrdbFJLM
Game Three – Thursday, Sept. 3 @ 9:00am – ESM vs. CCM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGX4iJ9Tdoo
Game Four – Friday, Sept. 4 @ 6:00pm – Maroon vs. White - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZMS_r6hbIo
TEAM EAST SIDE MARIO'S--WHITE
10 Eric Cornel FWD 1996 6.02 190

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I think he's going to have a bounce back year like a lesser version of what Bailey did last year. i think we give him an elc as well.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I have long gone on record saying how I think he sucks. Waste of a draft pick. Hopefully he can be packaged in a trade before people realize how terrible he is.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
His skills and size are all average or above average. He just plays like he has no heart and there's very little urgency in his game. Plays very much like the concussed version of Tim Connolly or the 2014-2015 version of Cody Hodgson.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00