Injury Report: Enstrom out 8 weeks, Poolman recalled!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Man, this sucks :(
He's still a good defender, I hope he recovers soon and whoever replaces him plays well

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think the Enstrom contract should run its course.
Hope he recovers fully but he’s not going to be a critical piece going forward like seasons past.

How much do you think he’ll want though? The contract is going to run its coarse regardless. Won’t be anywhere near what he’s making now I’m sure.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
How much do you think he’ll want though? The contract is going to run its coarse regardless. Won’t be anywhere near what he’s making now I’m sure.
I think we need to move on.
I always liked him and even a year ago I would have said one more year, I no longer feel that way.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think we need to move on.
I always liked him and even a year ago I would have said one more year, I no longer feel that way.

But why? If he’s still effective and has a reasonable price tag i see no reason not to bring him back for a year or two. Might not have much choice honestly though.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Enstrom has rebounded since his last season. Eventhough he may not be the player he once was a few years ago he is still better than Myers/Chiarot, he should still be a servicable d-man next season. If he wants to play in the NHL I would offer him a new 1 year contract (at a much lower dollar amount ofcourse). Considering the price we paid at the XD, we better get a bit more out of him than just letting him walk at the end of this season

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Also love the ! mark at end of the title.

Based on this timetable he should be back by mid to late January, should be a decent addition to the Jets for the 2nd half of the season and hopefully a playoff run. Let's see what Poolman can do in the meantime.

This injury is one of the reasons I had hoped we had signed Wiercioch as a press box guy. He might hit the waivers again once the Canucks are healthier.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
But why? If he’s still effective and has a reasonable price tag i see no reason not to bring him back for a year or two. Might not have much choice honestly though.

I just am not seeing him as critical to our future plans.
His offensive contributions have dwindled to pretty much nothing and eventually I think we need move on.
He is trending to a 4/5 D man at a quick pace although he’s not there just yet.
2 years is too much
2 million is too much.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I just am not seeing him as critical to our future plans.
His offensive contributions have dwindled to pretty much nothing and eventually I think we need move on.
He is trending to a 4/5 D man at a quick pace although he’s not there just yet.
2 years is too much
2 million is too much.

Fair enough. I think he still brings plenty to the team as a stable reliable guy at 5on5. He obviously isn’t gonna bring much offensively anymore and I’m ok with that. Others pick up that slack so i don’t think it’s needed.

I could honestly see Chevy inking him for two years but whether that is wise or not, i don’t know. It would hold risk and i don’t want to be paying a guy $2 million either if he’s only a #6.

Think it could depend if someone behind Poolman can step in soon. If so i could see them parting ways. He’ll get contract offers from others too. Hey maybe he wants to finish his career in Sweden. He took that leave last year so maybe his heart is back there. Hard to know.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Fair enough. I think he still brings plenty to the team as a stable reliable guy at 5on5. He obviously isn’t gonna bring much offensively anymore and I’m ok with that. Others pick up that slack so i don’t think it’s needed.

I could honestly see Chevy inking him for two years but whether that is wise or not, i don’t know. It would hold risk and i don’t want to be paying a guy $2 million either if he’s only a #6.

Think it could depend if someone behind Poolman can step in soon. If so i could see them parting ways. He’ll get contract offers from others too. Hey maybe he wants to finish his career in Sweden. He took that leave last year so maybe his heart is back there. Hard to know.
I meant to mention his durability which is concerning also.
So for me it’s an aging and declining asset who is not as durable as I’d like.
Unless he would be willing to develop an allergy to hockey equipment :naughty:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Enstrom has rebounded since his last season. Eventhough he may not be the player he once was a few years ago he is still better than Myers/Chiarot, he should still be a servicable d-man next season. If he wants to play in the NHL I would offer him a new 1 year contract (at a much lower dollar amount ofcourse). Considering the price we paid at the XD, we better get a bit more out of him than just letting him walk at the end of this season

I don't think he's better than Myers by any stretch - not at this point in his career.
Anyway, if he's available for $1/2M per season, I'd sign him as the 6th D and depth.

Reactions: GNP and 204hockey

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If he plays like he has been this year ( a very good 3LHD), he is worth 2m for a year....who would take his place if he isn't on the team next year>
Chiarot?
Niku?
Poolman?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
:( Toby

I liked a bunch of d men in pre-season at least.

And Toby is having a pretty solid season in his own end, even if a lot of fans refuse to see it because he is small and european.
has f*** all to do with him being european lol... people hate how he coughs up the puck when someone tries to hit him. hes been alot better this year than last tho

Nov 24, 2006
Sucks that he got hurt, esp when the Jets are doing so well. But if we were gonna lose a D he's the guy I'd choose to lose. This is a great opportunity for Poolman to grow into this spot.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'd rather lose Myers.
Give Trouba and Morrissey his time on special teams and let Poolman start playing the 3RHD spot...but I am glad to see Poolman called up regardless.

Reactions: DashingDane

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'd rather lose Myers.
Give Trouba and Morrissey his time on special teams and let Poolman start playing the 3RHD spot...but I am glad to see Poolman called up regardless.

I agree with Morrissey on the PP but not Trouba - he has no idea how to play the PP. Shoots too much (usually low percentage and missed a lot) - not much of a play maker.

Myers is there for his passing and shooting - he has a nice shot and gets it on net. He's also mobile and moves the puck well. I give the guy a little more credit than most mainly because he's coming off a really rough year and should only get better.

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I agree with Morrissey on the PP but not Trouba - he has no idea how to play the PP. Shoots too much (usually low percentage and missed a lot) - not much of a play maker.

Myers is there for his passing and shooting - he has a nice shot and gets it on net. He's also mobile and moves the puck well. I give the guy a little more credit than most mainly because he's coming off a really rough year and should only get better.

Myers is one of the worst passers on the whole team.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't think he's better than Myers by any stretch - not at this point in his career.
Anyway, if he's available for $1/2M per season, I'd sign him as the 6th D and depth.

There's no way he's better than Myers- not even close !!! Myers is one of the Jet's best defenseman. He's an offensive threat, great skater ( fast for big guy) and he's got size and strength. I think Myers is underrated by a lot of posters on here.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Trading down in the 1st looks really, really bad in hindsight now. We traded a pick that could have been huge to keep Dano the popcorn dispenser, or Enstrom on crutches.

At least Pool-man has his shot. I doubt he leaves the team after, either.

Vegas was targeting Armia, not Dano.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad