Recalled/Assigned: Emil Heineman recalled from Laval

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Coaches tend to want to win now, we all get that. However, no one said there had to be suppression in order to get there.

Coach’s premise in his approach to winning has him giving a lot of rope to vets who are not performing. You want culture and accountability, then institute a meritocracy.

The reflex of overplaying mediocre vets in the belief that is the only or best way to win on a rebuilding team is questionable. If the vets are not delivering, then progressively shift more of the vets’ ice time to younger players who may be deserving, was the idea.
MSL makes some strange decisions at times, overall in my view he has done a good job, but the regression of some of the kids, along with his doubling down on vets to me, is just plain dumb.
That said, he has his marching orders to see this through and HuGo could very well be controlling the shots here, and are looking for assets to come back in a trade.

Similar to last year though, it is easy to see our vets are not worth a whole lot eh....
Move on Marty, let the kids play..............this, is where the golden nugget is.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
No GDT thread, but hopefully he plays tonight

Not tonight

St-Louis a décidé de ne pas faire de changement à sa formation.

« J'aime notre jeu à cinq contre cinq lors des derniers matchs, a dit St-Louis lors de son point de presse, samedi matin. Nous nous apprêtons à quitter pour un long voyage et je suis certain qu'il aura sa chance d'intégrer l'alignement lors de celui-ci. »

Oh well.......

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not tonight

St-Louis a décidé de ne pas faire de changement à sa formation.

« J'aime notre jeu à cinq contre cinq lors des derniers matchs, a dit St-Louis lors de son point de presse, samedi matin. Nous nous apprêtons à quitter pour un long voyage et je suis certain qu'il aura sa chance d'intégrer l'alignement lors de celui-ci. »

Oh well.......
Gotta wait for a poor performance.

Not a surprise. Except for there's always a poor performance, but it's a vet other than Armia, so nothing comes of it

Reactions: Heffyhoof

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This guy is very intriguing. Very toolsy, hoping he has the IQ to match.
From what I've seen that's the thing, his IQ may be limited. I still hope he can provide secondary offense and energy, if not from a 3rd line from a 4th line.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think they just wanted to start him on the road with less pressure. Wouldn't mind seeing Stephens in the press box

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Ylonen-Monahan-Anderson
Heineman-Dvorak-Gallagher
Pezzetta-Evans-Armia
I would want to see those lines. But I don't think they'll break up Monahan-Evans-Anderson. They've been playing well and scored two last game.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Hopefully he gets some games soon, he's barely played this year and needs playing time. NHL level practices are a good experience, but nothing beats actually playing.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Luc “How did you felt?” Gélinas says that Heinrman will be on the road trip and that he’ll play sometime before Christmas. I wonder what’s holding him back.

Pez hasn't been doing much in the parts I've watched. He should come out sooner than later for Emile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Let me guess Habs coming off a win no roster changes for tonight. :skeptic:

tonight's lineup

Formation des Canadiens :
Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Monahan-Evans-Anderson
Armia-Dvorak-Gallagher
Pezzetta-Stephens-Ylonen

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Barron
Struble-Kovacevic

Allen

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
#FreeHeiny
Armia and Gallagher have been playing decent.

So Heineman and Ylonen will have to wait for bigger roles. If we ever see Heineman - Evan's-Ylonen as a 4th line though, that could be a great 4th line.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Why do they keep playing Stephens instead of Heineman???
Especially since Heineman just returned from injury and has only played a few games all year. He needs to play!
Also considering Stephens has no future as an NHLer, just makes no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00