Recalled/Assigned: Emil Heineman recalled from Laval

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's effort and drive you can't and shouldn't suppress.

Coaches tend to want to win now, we all get that. However, no one said there had to be suppression in order to get there.

Coach’s premise in his approach to winning has him giving a lot of rope to vets who are not performing. You want culture and accountability, then institute a meritocracy.

The reflex of overplaying mediocre vets in the belief that is the only or best way to win on a rebuilding team is questionable. If the vets are not delivering, then progressively shift more of the vets’ ice time to younger players who may be deserving, was the idea.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Rapala

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Coaches tend to want to win now, we all get that. However, no one said there had to be suppression in order to get there.

Coach’s premise in his approach to winning has him giving a lot of rope to vets who are not performing. You want culture and accountability, then institute a meritocracy.

The reflex of overplaying mediocre vets in the belief that is the only or best way to win on a rebuilding team is questionable. If the vets are not delivering, then progressively shift more of the vets’ ice time to younger players who may be deserving, was the idea.
Well said.

You want culture and accountability, then institute a meritocracy.

Reactions: Rapala

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

What you're saying is right, but I honestly don't see the narrative you are pimping unfolding in Montreal.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
The main issue with MSL is that pretty much everybody took a step back this year. A big part of the issue is not having Dach, but even without him the guys they have are better than the guys they had last year so it's concerning that Caufield and Anderson and most others aren't doing as well as we'd hoped.
Thank you for acknowledging it. I tried to initiate a discussion about this but, to my surprise, it seems nobody wants to face the elephant in the room.

You’re correct about that

What you're saying is right, but I honestly don't see the narrative you are pimping unfolding in Montreal.
Anderson should be benched.

If you don’t perform we cycle through until we find someone who does

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Ylonen - Monahan - Heineman
RHP - Evans - Anderson
Armia - Dvorak - Gallagher

Could be interesting.

Like two speedy wingers that can shoot with Monahan as the pivot.
Yes that's how I see it. Or if Evans and Monhan swap places, Ylonen - Evans - Heineman has a lot of speed, and I like Monahan's skill with RHP and Anderson. But they also could use Evans' speed.

The problem with all this is MSL will keep Gally and Dvo in the top 9 and give them more ice time than the young guys, apparently.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Can you be any more condescending? What are your droppings like, pulled from your ass?

I’m not trying to pretend I’m part of some kind of warped cult. Get over yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: OldCraig71

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Makes too much sense and would hurt the feelings of the unproductive veterans

I like MSL. But I can't stand his use of the unproductive vets.

Last year it was Hoffman, Drouin, Dadonov, and Armia.

This year it's mainly Pearson and Gally, and to a lesser extent Armia and Dvo. Though Gally has shown something, Ylonen, RHP, and now Heineman should be getting more reps. Slaf has gotten much more comfortable at the NHL level with more reps. The same needs to be done with Ylonen, RHP, and Heineman over the vets that aren't part of the future. However, imo we need to do whatever we can to get Anderson producing - so we can move him.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
If you're for tanking, isn't that good?
One can tank and get rid of the dead wood. Playing guys inexperienced guys like Ylonen and Heineman won't make you make the playoffs this year.

Ylonen had gone out and missed,before the others...

Whining for whining's sake...
Ylonen was an example bud. Tons of young guys we can play instead of the dead wood. Trades to be made.

Reactions: Tyson and Paddyjack

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
One can tank and get rid of the dead wood. Playing guys inexperienced guys like Ylonen and Heineman won't make you make the playoffs this year.

Ylonen was an example bud. Tons of young guys we can play instead of the dead wood. Trades to be made.
While I definitively agree with you in principle, there is still the narrative that these young guys would better develop in the AHL, and I'm not against this idea either. So I guess that is the enigma here.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
His effectiveness will depend on how he’s deployed and who he’s with. He’s not a driver. Don’t expect a Struble performance unless he’s in the top 6 and getting PP time.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The veterans you refer to are not effective for the type of game MSL is implementing - all of Dvorak, Gallagher, Anderson are north-south type players

Can’t emphasize enough how the loss of Dach has completely scrambled the lineup with too many players slotted out of position
I don't think they would be effective in any role other than 8th and 9th forwards. The problem is more that we don't have a 2nd line than those guys don't fit the system. We basically have 3 top 6 guys, a crippled vet and a bunch of maybes.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Easier said than done...it's not like teams are out there actively looking to acquire deadwood.

If the Habs don't want them, what makes you think other teams do?

Hughes inherited contracts he otherwise wouldn't want, if he can manage to slip them through in trades he will (as he has already), otherwise we'll just have to be patient until their contracts expire.

No big deal, it's not like those contracts are preventing us from signing our own players or signing players on the open market.

Reactions: Runner77

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I like MSL. But I can't stand his use of the unproductive vets.

Last year it was Hoffman, Drouin, Dadonov, and Armia.

This year it's mainly Pearson and Gally, and to a lesser extent Armia and Dvo. Though Gally has shown something, Ylonen, RHP, and now Heineman should be getting more reps. Slaf has gotten much more comfortable at the NHL level with more reps. The same needs to be done with Ylonen, RHP, and Heineman over the vets that aren't part of the future. However, imo we need to do whatever we can to get Anderson producing - so we can move him.
I think it is annoying to all fans but for most coaches it's a room thing. If the veterans aren't happy it's a problem. No one cares if the rookies are happy, they are expected to earn their place. It's not ideal under St-Louis, but it's not as bad as with Therrien.

Reactions: Hins77 and 26Mats

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How dare you become a Narrative Pimper lol!

3BBMN3U.gif

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
@dinodebino hey what kind of bidet i should install at home. Asking at the request of @Runner77
Well, I used to have the big Kolher bidet sold at Costco, with the blue light, heated seat and the air dryer. I then sold the condo to my ex, so with the GF, I just bought the bidet add-on sold on Amazon. Water’s cool but it does the trick! No blow drying (pun intended), but it’s 15 times cheaper than my old Costco one!

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Well according to MSL the only thing you need is to "be there". I, like Josh Anderson, can be there. I can do that.
Come on man, keep up with the group. That's not what MSL said, at all.

He said the boys need to bring THEIR game. To THE game.

Smart-Eddie-Murphy-700x400.png

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He had a very poor pre season......nobody had him making the team around here. I was a fan of the trade and believe that he can be a nice piece but my expectations are tempered as he has not shown that he can do much more than skate, shoot and hit. His hands and IQ are very much in doubt but I am not ruling out the possibility that he can improve.
Which are more skills than half the Hab forwards currently on the team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad