Recalled/Assigned: Emil Heineman assigned to Laval

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Iam sure they both speak English.
It's more of a cultural thing than a language thing. And speaking the language is a part of that, but I was actually more thinking "speaking the same labguage" in the sense of having a similar cultural background, experiences, and perspective.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Laval will be injected with more talent and that's a good thing. This is why I am surprised at some Habs fans horny to move players like Anderson, Hoffman, Armia, Dvorak.

If we believe at not rushing prospects, let the contracts we have in place get closer to expiry before we moved them.

I know I keep saying it but he looks more like a Hyman type than a Lehkonen type IMO. Fast skater, high tempo, strong forecheck, strong shot is what Hyman is. Not like Lehkonen is a terrible example but his game is more a 200' game in terms of focus. Forecheck and hard on the puck is similar but not when you look at offensive drive. Lehkonen's shot is ok but not strong.
Zach Hyman is proof that some players are late bloomers.

His college stats through his junior year show 9, 9, and 17 points for his first three years. He didn't hit 40 points in the NHL until he was 25/26. Now, albeit playing with the best players in the game, at age 30 he's having a career year with 74 points in 67 games. But not everyone has produced like that playing with McDavid.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
SZKtDvb.png
That’s why you’re the Godfather and I’m just a pledge

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

His college stats through his junior year show 9, 9, and 17 points for his first three years. He didn't hit 40 points in the NHL until he was 25/26. Now, albeit playing with the best players in the game, at age 30 he's having a career year with 74 points in 67 games. But not everyone has produced like that playing with McDavid.
Hyman also played his entire with elite guys like Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Mcdavid.
I would like be curious to know if he would put 74 pts on board with Jo Drouin and Anderson as linemate.
I don’t want to be a Hyman hater, but he is a middle six forward, physical, hard nose. But imo, his numbers aRe inflated.
The path of Hyman is pretty unique

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hyman also played his entire with elite guys like Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Mcdavid.
I would like be curious to know if he would put 74 pts on board with Jo Drouin and Anderson as linemate.
I don’t want to be a Hyman hater, but he is a middle six forward, physical, hard nose. But imo, his numbers aRe inflated.
The path of Hyman is pretty unique
he wouldn't put up those numbers playing with Drouin and Anderson.

But many other players that are better than him with weaker players wouldn't put up the numbers he's putting up playing with the players he's played with. For example Evander Kane has 63 points in 72 games as an Oiler. Hyman is good at what he does in his role.

Hopefully we can find the right roles for our middle six forwards like Anderson, Gurianov and hopefully Heineman. We don't have Marner and Matthews. But caufield and Suzuki is a damn good duo. I hope so will Dach and Farrell, or Dach and who ever we draft, or Dach and Dubois, or better Dach and Farrell, and Dubois and whoever we draft. Those would be great duos for complementary wingers to play with.

For now:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Farrell - Dach - Gurianov
RHP - [Dubois] - Anderson
Heineman - Evans - Ylonen

Reactions: Hins77

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Next year: Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Slaf, RHP, Ylonen, Guhle, Barron, Harris, Xhekaj, Heineman, Roy, Farrell, Kidney, Mailloux, Trudeau, Norlinder, Beaudin, Simoneau, Davidson, Struble, Fairbrother, Primeau, possibly Mesar & Tourigny, and maybe Beck.

Barring any trades, all of these guys will be either in Montreal or Laval. And then it also depends who they pick and if they'd also be ready to turn pro right away.

mon-chien-bave-4f3dfb140eae8bb3.jpeg

Sorry , i needed to edit after complains from my wife

but ...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Hyman's production has been bloated due to both the rosters he played on the Leafs and Oilers but he's still an effective player for the role he plays and he knows his role well.

Who knows if Heineman can reach Hyman's level because I believe that is his ceiling level. I do like the potential or probability that Heineman can be an effective middle 6F for us.

Lots of injuries right now but man, competition is going to be tough for youth to earn spots next year. Slaf better show up ready

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
They probably want to give him a couple of games to become reaquainted with the NA ice surface. He'll come up and Richard will return in a few is my guess.
That would be great! I felt going from NHL dimensions to Olympic was easier than vice versa,really loved that extra open ice.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hyman's production has been bloated due to both the rosters he played on the Leafs and Oilers but he's still an effective player for the role he plays and he knows his role well.

Who knows if Heineman can reach Hyman's level because I believe that is his ceiling level. I do like the potential or probability that Heineman can be an effective middle 6F for us.

Lots of injuries right now but man, competition is going to be tough for youth to earn spots next year. Slaf better show up ready

I really don't like comparing our guys to current players on other teams. What I would like to see is how Heineman handles the pace of an NHL game. We know he can skate. Can he forecheck and become an effective turnover machine winning his fair share of puck battles? If he does that he jumps a number of our ineffective wingers. the rest will take care of itself in terms of production.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That would be great! I felt going from NHL dimensions to Olympic was easier than vice versa,really loved that extra open ice.
It's a far different game which is why A lot of Euros struggle initially. Head on a swivel is the first adjustment. Don't make it and it can hurt as one Slafkovsky found out. The pace and congestion is real.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really don't like comparing our guys to current players on other teams. What I would like to see is how Heineman handles the pace of an NHL game. We know he can skate. Can he forecheck and become an effective turnover machine winning his fair share of puck battles? If he does that he jumps a number of our ineffective wingers. the rest will take care of itself in terms of production.

Player comparisons do get off the rails at times yes. Every player is different in the end. I guess it gives you value in his style of play cause some fans don't know his game.

Reactions: Rapala

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
It's a far different game which is why A lot of Euros struggle initially. Head on a swivel is the first adjustment. Don't make it and it can hurt as one Slafkovsky found out. The pace and congestion is real.
No doubt, a lot less traffic with the large ice surfaces but you acclimate,some sooner than others.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It was pointed out that Hyman has had a ton of gravy. So if people jump to production they will be off the mark.

No doubt about it. Hyman's production is bloated due to both the Leafs and Oilers talent he played/plays with. His style is still very effective and it was a great piece for the Oilers to add.

On the Habs, Hyman would probably look like Lehkonen did and would not have much production. At least in the past with our talent anyways. Anderson is a type that gets affected with production as well.

In terms of ceiling and style of play applied to Heineman, I do have Hyman as a comparable that fits best but that more about his style vs his level of production.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
No doubt about it. Hyman's production is bloated due to both the Leafs and Oilers talent he played/plays with. His style is still very effective and it was a great piece for the Oilers to add.

On the Habs, Hyman would probably look like Lehkonen did and would not have much production. At least in the past with our talent anyways. Anderson is a type that gets affected with production as well.

In terms of ceiling and style of play applied to Heineman, I do have Hyman as a comparable that fits best but that more about his style vs his level of production.
I spent my whole life comparing hymens. Bloated hymens were the worst! :sarcasm:

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
They probably want to give him a couple of games to become reaquainted with the NA ice surface. He'll come up and Richard will return in a few is my guess.
There's probably 3 guys returning in a week. I doubt Heineman will have a spot.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad