Recalled/Assigned: Emil Heineman assigned to Laval

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not sure the Canadiens have announced it yet?

But, according to Capfriendly.com, Emil Heineman has been assigned to Laval. Awesome!

Screenshot_20230320_102411_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, they've announced it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t think so.

Heineman is very strong on the forecheck and physical play.

If i had to make a comparison even if i don’t like making them, it would be a Lehkonen type but bigger and a better shot.

The only way Lehkonen and Heineman are close is in worth ethic. Hyman is a better comparable in terms of his ceiling level.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
The only way Lehkonen and Heineman are close is in worth ethic. Hyman is a better comparable in terms of his ceiling level.
I’ve watched him all year and never made me think of Hyman. But comparison are very subjective lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs 4 ever

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Sounds like we have two Denis Gurianov's here
They're not at all alike. Heineman doesn't have Gurianov's offensive talent but will likely have a better rounded game than Gurianov. His shot isn't anything close to Gurianov's.

Gurianov was a #12 overall pick because of his high end tools.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We all know Heineman has a great shot but what else does he got and who can we compare him too?

As other mentioned he's strong along the boards and his skating but more precisely, his 4 step acceleration.....he's got that spark when he start skating, plus his ability to get the inside lane on D.

But his main skills is that quick and deceptive release from his wrist shot which remind me of the one from Pacioretty,

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They're not at all alike. Heineman doesn't have Gurianov's offensive talent but will likely have a better rounded game than Gurianov. His shot isn't anything close to Gurianov's.

Gurianov was a #12 overall pick because of his high end tools.

They're also different in that Heineman is one of the most relentless forecheckers I've ever seen. Kind of like a bigger, meaner Lehkonen.

But Heineman also has a very heavy shot. And unlike Gurianov, when he's not scoring, he could potentially be a very useful player with his grit. I just hope he can stay healthy, given how hard and sometimes reckless he plays.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
gonna have to watch some Rockets games now with Heineman and Struble

specially next year with Mailloux,Roy,Farrell (maybe?)

Laval will be injected with more talent and that's a good thing. This is why I am surprised at some Habs fans horny to move players like Anderson, Hoffman, Armia, Dvorak.

If we believe at not rushing prospects, let the contracts we have in place get closer to expiry before we moved them.

They're also different in that Heineman is one of the most relentless forecheckers I've ever seen. Kind of like a bigger, meaner Lehkonen.

But Heineman also has a very heavy shot. And unlike Gurianov, when he's not scoring, he could potentially be a very useful player with his grit. I just hope he can stay healthy, given how hard an sometimes reckless he plays.

I know I keep saying it but he looks more like a Hyman type than a Lehkonen type IMO. Fast skater, high tempo, strong forecheck, strong shot is what Hyman is. Not like Lehkonen is a terrible example but his game is more a 200' game in terms of focus. Forecheck and hard on the puck is similar but not when you look at offensive drive. Lehkonen's shot is ok but not strong.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
As other mentioned he's strong along the boards and his skating but more precisely, his 4 step acceleration.....he's got that spark when he start skating, plus his ability to get the inside lane on D.

But his main skills is that quick and deceptive release from his wrist shot which remind me of the one from Pacioretty,

His release at full speed is indeed very impressive. I haven't seen him in tight areas, but if he can cycle, he's got top 6 written all over him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
gonna have to watch some Rockets games now with Heineman and Struble

specially next year with Mailloux,Roy,Farrell (maybe?)

Next year: Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Slaf, RHP, Ylonen, Guhle, Barron, Harris, Xhekaj, Heineman, Roy, Farrell, Kidney, Mailloux, Trudeau, Norlinder, Beaudin, Simoneau, Davidson, Struble, Fairbrother, Primeau, possibly Mesar & Tourigny, and maybe Beck.

Barring any trades, all of these guys will be either in Montreal or Laval. And then it also depends who they pick and if they'd also be ready to turn pro right away.

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sounds like we have two Denis Gurianov's here

As I posted above, they're very different in many ways.

But Gurianov, Heineman, and Anderson all have one thing in common: they're wingers with size and speed that will skate up and down the wing and are a threat to score from having a good shot.

And, they're not the greatest at making plays with their linemates, like a Pasternak, Marchand, Caufield, Kyke Connor, Ehlers, Blake Wheeler etc... So they're more 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line wingers that ideally play with a good play driver that can dominate the puck and get them the puck in the right spots. They won't drive play themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad