Recalled/Assigned: Emil Heineman assigned to Laval

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Next year: Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Slaf, RHP, Ylonen, Guhle, Barron, Harris, Xhekaj, Heineman, Roy, Farrell, Kidney, Mailloux, Trudeau, Norlinder, Beaudin, Simoneau, Davidson, Struble, Fairbrother, Primeau, possibly Mesar & Tourigny, and maybe Beck.

Barring any trades, all of these guys will be either in Montreal or Laval. And then it also depends who they pick and if they'd also be ready to turn pro right away.

I'd add Farrell to that list. and on my exact same type of list, Gurianov is on it because he's like a prospect in that he has a youthful energy about him, good upside, and yet we're not sure what he is at the NHL level, whether he'll boom or bust.

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Solid skater and very good at protecting the puck.

To me he look like Richard Zednik.

Zednik is the player that 'hooked' me to the Habs, early 2000s, very rudimentary skillset and creativity, but just so damn strong on the puck, incredible balance, and could snipe that puck.

Wouldn't mind Zednik 2.0 at all.

Reactions: BLONG7 and 26Mats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'd add Farrell to that list. and on my exact same type of list, Gurianov is on it because he's like a prospect in that he has a youthful energy about him, good upside, and yet we're not sure what he is at the NHL level, whether he'll boom or bust.

I'm such a moron for forgetting Farrell. :laugh:

Might be too little too late to help. Laval is in tough to make the playoffs.

My man schwang, ever the optimist. :laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Norlinder's like "Finally, someone I can talk to and others can't understand. I've been stuck with all the Quebecers who talk and I don't get antyhing." :laugh:

I think it will be really good for both Heineman and Norlinder to have each other to speak with in Sweedish, and push each other to succeed/be rooting for each other.

We'll see if Norlinder experiences a bump in production.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think it will be really good for both Heineman and Norlinder to have each other to speak with in Sweedish, and push each other to succeed/be rooting for each other.

We'll see if Norlinder experiences a bump in production.

It definitely should help. Heineman already knows guys, but to have at least that connection with someone helps.

I remember Ylonen was able to speak some Swedish so Norlinder had him, too.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Something similar to Jake Evans. Great work ethic. But, I certainly doubt about his offensive upside. Back in the days, I liked guys Fagemo, Hoglander, Bemstrom from team Sweden and right now, they still don’t have a regular spot in the NHL (maybe Bemstrom does). I remain cautious on Heineman’s case.

Reactions: Tyson and 26Mats

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I love this prospect

He's got better all around game than Mesar. When the Toffoli trade was announced, I thought Heineman was the prime piece. Still like Mesar but that Swede has a solid shot at becoming a very useful middle 6F for us. With a guy like Mesar, if he is not putting up points, how effective is he? Mesar to me, is a Tatar type

I've learned a while ago that prospect evaluation is much deeper than points. Ability to produce points is important but in a lot of cases, points come and go depending on who you play with. How the player performs in the trenches is a key area as well and so many fans overlook this part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guillermo

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
In time we will know. Let's hope he looks too good for the AHL which is a very hard league for young European players.
Im wondering if the size of the rink is aN important factor, more than we could think? There was many europeeans players that I was sure they were « bust proof » and they still have bust.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I dont know if some curse came on to Montreal since mats naslund signed with the Bruins, but I'm pre programmed to believe that every Swedish prospect drafted by the Habs is an auto bust.
Very fair point. When Peter Popovic is the last swede that kinda made it in Montreal....De LA Rose didn't make it, Sundstrom didn't make it, Norlinder seems to be on his way to not panning out.

Jul 6, 2016
Very fair point. When Peter Popovic is the last swede that kinda made it in Montreal....De LA Rose didn't make it, Sundstrom didn't make it, Norlinder seems to be on his way to not panning out.
Vejdemo, Nygren.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Im wondering if the size of the rink is aN important factor, more than we could think? There was many europeeans players that I was sure they were « bust proof » and they still have bust.
It is an important factor but in Heineman’s case, he might have to adjust a bit but his type of game fits the north american style pretty well, i find. We will see soon enough how he does.

Reactions: EveryDay and Hins77

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I'm such a moron for forgetting Farrell. :laugh:

My man schwang, ever the optimist. :laugh:
It don't look good! Especially if they have to play Belleville again, which I'm sure they do. And since RHP and Ylonen aren't going down anytime soon, well.....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77 do your thing with this
SZKtDvb.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad