Confirmed with Link: Ellerby re-signed: 1 year 2-way deal @ $700K

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
as per twitter.

@pwilliamsNHL 48s
The Jets are bringing back Ellerby on a one-year, two-way deal. $700K.

that's 8 D including Postma. 9 if you include Morrissey.
would rather see Moz or Postma get the minutes.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Ellerby-fits-in-300x200.jpg

Jets release here.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
stock up on D to trade? just seems odd. not bad to have this many I guess, as long as it's 2 way deal and we're not afraid of potential waiver loss.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's a two-way, so impossible to be disappointed with this deal. We'll need the depth when the injuries pile up.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
I quite like Ellerby as a depth player and he would be a good bet to get sent down without being claimed. I'm happy he is back; hopefully he spends a good portion of the season on the rock.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
How are we going properly to evaluate Pav now? :laugh: We switched Buff for Clitsome and brought back the same players.

Duir

Good. I have always liked this guy and that is a solid deal. Hard to be disappointed really.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Why are we resigning all these depth defencemen? I was under the impression Chevy was going to try and improve our D, not keep it exactly the same. This team is so directionless... ugh.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Why are we resigning all these depth defencemen? I was under the impression Chevy was going to try and improve our D, not keep it exactly the same. This team is so directionless... ugh.

well, a 2nd year Trouba, a possibly-healthy Bogo and having Clitsome back is indeed an upgrade over last year's D.
add in an actual defensive system and there is hope.
not sure what you're expecting. picking Pietrangelo off the waiver wire?

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

So far same team 'cept Joker for Perreault. Time is running out fast to avoid another last place finish in our division, and people wondering how we could finish 7th or 8th last in the league again.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Ellerbys qualifying offer was 771.5k, so they save 71.5k. Not sure if he required a one way or not. He can also play both sides, and is probably the only one that can.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not really a necessary signing, but it is a two-way and you can never have enough defensive depth.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
So, looks like they like the make up of the team, which 'achieved' last place in the Central last season.

I think they sign Frolik, then try to find another "Frolik" via trade, and that's it. Joe's comment that others closer to the organization may be suggesting they are thinking about a 'soft tank' seems to be fairly accurate, IMO.

I don't think they will get to last year's cap number, and with some young players coming into the fold soon, on ELCs, it does look like a 'soft tank' to me.

Duir

Quite a few NHL ready D in the kitchen, got to wonder who is on the block. Gut tells me Postma.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Let's hope Wright isn't the Jets next UFA signing.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised. Anything longer than 1 yr and they need their head examined. Hell, whomever signs him at all needs their head examined. He should be heading for Europe. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad