Elias Pettersson Vs Mitch Marner going forward?

Which player do you take going forward?

• Total voters

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Wouldn't be because he's overrated is it? Certainly not. Must be Ray cis.
What is it with Panther fans and hating Pettersson? Is it because of the Matheson thing or just because he made your team look foolish once? Or is it because you have such heavy Finnish prescence on your team that you feel you must hate a budding Swedish superstar because other Fins hate them? Either way pretty petty.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
What is it with Panther fans and hating Pettersson? Is it because of the Matheson thing or just because he made your team look foolish once? Or is it because you have such heavy Finnish prescence on your team that you feel you must hate a budding Swedish superstar because other Fins hate them? Either way pretty petty.
The only one looking at races...is you.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Marner quite easily. Pettersson will see significant regression next season and will never score 90 points in his career. Just an extremely overrated player in general.

Shouldnt you have voted in the TO fan voting for Marner category?

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
The only one looking at races...is you.
Oh I get it now, you just don't like him because he brought negative attention to your team.
1. Pettersson makes Matheson look like a pylon all game, then gets him suspended.
2. Canucks win game.
3. Media all over Pettersson injury/Matheson suspension.
4. You get mad and call Pettersson overrated wherever you can.
5. You are still salty to this day.
Pretty see through mate doesn't help your case that the only other 2 Panther fans that exist on this board agree with you.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Was he not the primary focus of the other teams defence all last season? Genuinely asking. I watched every single Canucks game and I can tell you that the other team was trying to stop EP every game. Nobody was putting their shutdown pairing against the Horvat line.

I choose Pettersson as I think he has a higher ceiling as a goal scorer and is a centre.
The only forward to play weaker competition than Pettersson last season was Leivo. Couple that with starting 70% of shifts in the offensive zone and you could argue that Pettersson played the easiest minutes on the team last season. The Pettersson, Boeser, Leivo line was very sheltered but that's not really surprising with two young kids and a scrub. On the other hand, Marner played the 2nd most difficult competition among forwards for Toronto last season. The Tavares, Marner, Hyman line received some brutal matchups.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Oh I get it now, you just don't like him because he brought negative attention to your team.
1. Pettersson makes Matheson look like a pylon all game, then gets him suspended.
2. Canucks win game.
3. Media all over Pettersson injury/Matheson suspension.
4. You get mad and call Pettersson overrated wherever you can.
5. You are still salty to this day.
Pretty see through mate doesn't help your case that the only other 2 Panther fans that exist on this board agree with you.
Dude Matheson sucked last year and Pettersson is overrated. It's not that complicated.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
This is one Panthers' fan's opinion. Everybody's different.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I’m completely indifferent towards the Panthers and I think there is a solid argument to be made that Pettersson is the most overrated player in the NHL.
Right because according to HF boards the only players that are rated fairly are Barkov and Bergeron. Any player that is good and plays for a Canadian franchise is overrated though no matter how good they are.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Nobody really just some guy whose a decent player that won't live up to being one of the highest paid players in league.
Lol he’s gonna be the highest paid for like 1 year. Your comment is one of the most pathetic I’ve ever seen on here.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Lol he’s gonna be the highest paid for like 1 year. Your comment is one of the most pathetic I’ve ever seen on here.
Was referring to cap for coming season. He's what cracked 80 points in 3 years oh wait he hasn't. He was 42nd in points this past season heck even add 15 points for the 14 games he missed and he's still not in the top 15. Not sure what's pathetic about that but hey were entitled to our opinion.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Was referring to cap for coming season. He's what cracked 80 points in 3 years oh wait he hasn't. He was 42nd in points this past season heck even add 15 points for the 14 games he missed and he's still not in the top 15. Not sure what's pathetic about that but hey were entitled to our opinion.
So how does it bother or affect you. That’s why it’s pathetic. Majority of leaf fans don’t care either.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
So how does it bother or affect you. That’s why it’s pathetic. Majority of leaf fans don’t care either.
I'd say most care as now Marner wants same and pushes all RFA's ask higher. Something called a cap is very affected. You might want to consider that before calling someone pathetic. Leafs have put together a very good team be a shame to lose valuable assets because of cap space which is gonna happen. It does to all good teams eventually but why speed it up.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
I'd say most care as now Marner wants same and pushes all RFA's ask higher. Something called a cap is very affected. You might want to consider that before calling someone pathetic. Leafs have put together a very good team be a shame to lose valuable assets because of cap space which is gonna happen. It does to all good teams eventually but why speed it up.
No it’s pathetic cuz you care so much about something you shouldn’t. I’m not worried about losing marner. Don’t think many leaf fans are either

Plus it’s your own benchmark just cuz he’s highest paid doesn’t mean he had to be the best. Every year contracts go up.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Pettersson because of age, quality of linemates, and the fact he still has 2 more years on his ELC. This being said I still debated choosing Marner because he has proven to be able to put up huge numbers.

Fair enough and agree on most.

I just think that EP40 is going to have a better career and is a center so he will bring more value.

Very under rated 2 way game that will get better as he matures physically.

I do however expect some growing pains next year as he did fade down the stretch a bit but he will also have better linemates so it might be a wash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad