Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
What excites me about Pettersson, is that Dahlen has been having an excellent season as well. If I understand correctly, BOTH guys can play Center and Left Wing.

Obviously - it's still too early to make concrete predictions, but IF you have Pettersson and Dahlen anchoring one line on the Canucks one day, and Horvat/Boeser anchoring another, then the Canucks should have two very solid scoring lines for the long term. Two of Baertschi, Virtanen, and Goldobin can ride shotgun on those lines, making a legit Top 6 one day. Baertschi, while not tremendous, is a decent 2nd line forward. Lets see what Virtanen and Goldobin develop into. I'm not sure what the timeline is in order for Virtanen or Goldobin to 'step up,' but perhaps brings in a guy like Evander Kane at the end of the year (via UFA) if he feels like Goldobin or Virtanen won't become legit Top 6 forwards at the NHL level.

Dahlen has not played a shift at center for almost 2 years, he is a winger, has played some RW at Timrå this year though. Dahlen looks good but, he really shouldn't´t be playing in allsvenskan at this stage of his career, so its kind of hard to judge this year for him. I hope he finishes his year in Utica or at least in SHL.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Dahlen has not played a shift at center for almost 2 years, he is a winger, has played some RW at Timrå this year though. Dahlen looks good but, he really shouldn't´t be playing in allsvenskan at this stage of his career, so its kind of hard to judge this year for him. I hope he finishes his year in Utica or at least in SHL.

He's supposed to be moving up to the SHL in early January (according to rumour).

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I think you're exaggerating this a bit. There was definitely a fairly sizeable and vocal group who wanted Ehlers and, to a lesser extent, Nylander (of which I was one). And to say they weren't in the top 5 is correct, but they were both in the 'consensus' top 8 or so, from what I recall, and it's not like everyone would have been shocked to see one go 6th. No one expected Bennett to drop to us, and maybe a few hoped for MDC but it never really was the lynchpin of pre-draft discussion on this board.
Yea I might be. Can't wait to see Petersson feeding Boeser. We got our Sniper and Playmaker... we can agree that Benning hit the ball park on these 2.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Surprised no one else has mentioned that we need to sign Pettersson's teammate Joel Persson! He's second on the team in points (22pts in 25 gp) as a defenceman and he's only 23.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Benning deserves credit, this is looking like a great pick. This is coming from someone who wanted Glass or Vilardi
Well put. I admit i was wrong i wanted Glass and strongly disliked the Pettersson pick but here we are. Good pick Benning. No actually GREAT pick :yo:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What channels the game on and its on at 10:30am is that aright?

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Pettersson shows his skills in 1st, which was pretty good from his side. No points tho

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
^ that highlight with no goal at the end just gave me blue you-know-whats

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Surprised no one else has mentioned that we need to sign Pettersson's teammate Joel Persson! He's second on the team in points (22pts in 25 gp) as a defenceman and he's only 23.
Good call. Maybe he replaces Subban in the organization. See his contract is through 19/20

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Looks like this might be a game where he's held off the scoresheet

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow!....Pettersson the player of the month in the SHL; Boeser the rookie of the month in the NHL; and Tryamkin, the d-man of the month in the KHL....I'm no expert in Canuck trivia, but feel that has to be a first!

cc

Feb 28, 2002
EP was the player I wanted in the draft. I thought there was a decent chance that he would turn out to be the best player from the draft. I was so glad that the Canucks weren't able to select Makar

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Hunter Shinkaruk - traded/busting
Jordan Subban - traded/busting

Now we have Baby Pettersson

I would be very worried now

Reactions: Baby Pettersson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events