Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Not that invested into how he plays. But could he be compared to backstrom? Passing vision ect?

He will never have the strength of Backstrom but plays a more high-energy game. Also despite his lack of goals Pettersson likes to shoot the puck more, likes the one-timer from right side. Backstrom is probably a better pure passer at the same age.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
So you think Champions League scoring should be included in regular SHL stats because several of the teams Pettersson has played aren’t as bad as some of the other teams that are in the tournament?

That’s ... strange.
Probably they should not count officially but there is no reason they can not be used to evaluate the player. The stats seem to match his trend.

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm using Backstrom's 06-07 season in the SHL as a gauge for Pettersson this season. They were both born in the same month and were pretty much the exact same age when they were drafted so it's a very good parallel comparison.

Backstrom scored 40 points in 45 games that season (12 goals, 28 assists). Let's see how Pettersson stacks up!

Reactions: Nucker101 and donut

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
And just like that Vaxjo scores 2 goals.

Pettersson with fantastic work behind the net to get the primary assist on the second goal.

In the first period, had a great defensive play where he showed his great awareness and anticipation braking up a play beautifully. The shift right after set up a great chance with a behind the back pass from behind the net.

7 points in 8 games, should honestly have more. Next game on Thursday.

Last edited:

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Wow pettersson strikes late

aZW3NYG.png

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Probably they should not count officially but there is no reason they can not be used to evaluate the player. The stats seem to match his trend.

Sure, do what you like. I just thought it was rather obvious why they don’t officially count in SHL scoring, which was the question. Then someone had to jump in and defend Pettersson’s honour as I should have expected.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Sure, do what you like. I just thought it was rather obvious why they don’t officially count in SHL scoring, which was the question. Then someone had to jump in and defend Pettersson’s honour as I should have expected.

Those summer showcase games are sooo much more important than champions league though ;)!!

If Pettersson is averaging 14 minutes a game and he's around a PPG, that's really impressive.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Those summer showcase games are sooo much more important than champions league though ;)!!

If Pettersson is averaging 14 minutes a game and he's around a PPG, that's really impressive.

Did I say the summer showcase points should count for SHL scoring?

Reactions: Tv9924

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If Pettersson can match King Joffrey's pace (21GP, 20P) I'll be... happy. Assuming he plays every game from here on, his 21st game will be on November 25th against Mora. Good luck...

Last edited:

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009

No it wasn't the question, the question was why not include the Champions League in the stat count for Petersson's season. Of course....somebody shoud pretend it's about his 'honour'....rather than the very real fact that every team in Champions League would f***ing destroy most Canadian junior teams.

Reactions: Mergatroidskittle

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
No, your exact quote was:

His *actual* stats, like anyone from the SHL, don’t include CHL games. That’s not my opinion, that’s just the way it is. I explained why and one or two posters as usual got all pissy cause I wasn’t making up imaginary stats to boost Pettersson’s stock even further.

So ****ing insecure.

I was happy to see the Champion League stats. They are not imaginary stats. There are stats from other competitive games. Early in the season they help define a trend. Seems like he might be a ppg type player though at a recent point he only had 3 points in 6 games so it is too early to tell yet. His role seems to be expanding and the commentary is positive from those who watch the games. Additional information is always good. You provided context that chl was inferior which was disfuted. Good information overall.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
No it wasn't the question, the question was why not include the Champions League in the stat count for Petersson's season. Of course....somebody shoud pretend it's about his 'honour'....rather than the very real fact that every team in Champions League would ****ing destroy most Canadian junior teams.

You typically do not add stats from different leagues together, irrespective of the level of quality. If you want to track the stats from the two different leagues then nobody is stopping you.

There are a million examples of prospects playing in multiple leagues during the same season, and it is common to use one as his "official" line whether it is fair or not. HockeyDB only has the 8 SHL games listed; so it goes. It is not some conspiracy.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I was happy to see the Champion League stats. They are not imaginary stats. There are stats from other competitive games. Early in the season they help define a trend. Seems like he might be a ppg type player though at a recent point he only had 3 points in 6 games so it is too early to tell yet. His role seems to be expanding and the commentary is positive from those who watch the games. Additional information is always good. You provided context that chl was inferior which was disfuted. Good information overall.

CHL absolutely IS inferior to the quality of the SEL league. That’s not even debatable. Maybe Pettersson played some of the stronger teams in his particular games but the overall mix of leagues that participate is significantly below that of the SEL quality. How are you even debating that?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What have any of the other prospects in the top 10 done this season??

Casey Mittelstadt isnt even PPG in the NCAA garbage big 10.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm just saying it is early, and apart from Tolvanen who is just out of this world, no one is standing out big time.

Glass Tolvanen and Lind standing out from 2017 draft. I hear Hischier is doing ok for the Devils too but yeah maybe not standing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad