Prospect Info: Elias Pettersson | Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Mike Zainer who does color commentary in Sweden was on 1040 said Pettersson processes the game at another level compared to his teammates. 5 on 5, he'll put the puck in open spaces where he wants his teammate to go but they just can't read plays like Pettersson does. Says Vision is amazing.

What I like about him is his battle level to go with all that ultra skill. Has a high-end motor.

Reactions: AlexEdler23

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
As a Växjö supporter Elias is the far most important piece for their powerplay, he just runs it. This despite Robert Rosén actually being one of the best in the SHL at this, but when Elias came he just stole the show. It's like he is able to pinpoint the exact milisecond when he is supposed to make a play, the puck movement with him is simply at another level.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
This thread keeps me going man
aZW3NYG.png

Sawchuk

Nov 15, 2009
Victoria, BC
6 points in 7 games in a mens league especially in the 3rd best league in the world is terrific.

Terrific might be an understatement.

I know this is an optimistic scenario, and rather forward looking, but if he can get to a point per game, he will be in truly elite company. Putting up ppg in a player's 17-18 or 18-19 year old SHL season has only been accomplished 7 times. Naslund x2, Peter Forsberg, Sandstrom, Nilsson, Gradin and Michael Hjalm (not really sure who he is). Besides Hjalm, who never played in the NHL, every single one of those players has had at least 3 PPG NHL seasons.

Even if he only managed .8 ppg, his season would still be in the top 20 all time, with the Sedins, Backstrom, Jorgen Pettersson, Bengt-Ake Gustafsson as other comparables who have managed one or more PPG NHL seasons. In this scenario, if you were to take only players who made the move to North America (2 from these top 20 seasons didn't). His cohorts have had a 100% success rate at being not just long term NHL players, but first line NHL players (barring Marcus Kruger who is still young); furthermore, ( and I haven't crunched the numbers) his expected career NHL points would likely be closer to 1000 than not.

The only negative here for Canucks fans is that W. Nylander is in this same cohort.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I don't see why the stats from Champions League shouldn't be included. Whatever I guess.... his actual stats should be: 12 gms- 2G- 9A- 11Pts.....
Teams aren’t from SHL and many are from leagues that are far inferior like French, Belarusian, British, Polish, etc. Definitely aren’t on the same level as just regular SHL games.

Reactions: BrandonL

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Terrific might be an understatement.

I know this is an optimistic scenario, and rather forward looking, but if he can get to a point per game, he will be in truly elite company. Putting up ppg in a player's 17-18 or 18-19 year old SHL season has only been accomplished 7 times. Naslund x2, Peter Forsberg, Sandstrom, Nilsson, Gradin and Michael Hjalm (not really sure who he is). Besides Hjalm, who never played in the NHL, every single one of those players has had at least 3 PPG NHL seasons.

Even if he only managed .8 ppg, his season would still be in the top 20 all time, with the Sedins, Backstrom, Jorgen Pettersson, Bengt-Ake Gustafsson as other comparables who have managed one or more PPG NHL seasons. In this scenario, if you were to take only players who made the move to North America (2 from these top 20 seasons didn't). His cohorts have had a 100% success rate at being not just long term NHL players, but first line NHL players (barring Marcus Kruger who is still young); furthermore, ( and I haven't crunched the numbers) his expected career NHL points would likely be closer to 1000 than not.

The only negative here for Canucks fans is that W. Nylander is in this same cohort.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the SHL switch to counting secondary assists just recently? That will throw off the totals for comparison.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the SHL switch to counting secondary assists just recently? That will throw off the totals for comparison.
I believe it was the KHL that switched to 2nd assists. The SEL/SHL from what i recall has had secondary assists for quite a long time.

Not that invested into how he plays. But could he be compared to backstrom? Passing vision ect?
Yes, Backstrom was a frequent comparison pre-draft. I can see that kind of vision.

Reactions: Knight53 and WTG

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Teams aren’t from SHL and many are from leagues that are far inferior like French, Belarusian, British, Polish, etc. Definitely aren’t on the same level as just regular SHL games.

Not that I really care, but 4 (out of 6) of his games were against top teams from the Swiss league and the Czech league. They also got crushed in 1 of the games against the British team (mailed it in)

Not exactly inferior to the competition most of our prospects are playing right?

I mean, we should probably discount any points Lind has put up against Kamloops for example...talk about inferior....

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Not that I really care, but 4 (out of 6) of his games were against top teams from the Swiss league and the Czech league. They also got crushed in 1 of the games against the British team (mailed it in)

Not exactly inferior to the competition most of our prospects are playing right?

I mean, we should probably discount any points Lind has put up against Kamloops for example...talk about inferior....

So you think Champions League scoring should be included in regular SHL stats because several of the teams Pettersson has played aren’t as bad as some of the other teams that are in the tournament?

That’s ... strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad