Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
W9jXXjY.gif

Canes fans do deserve better management. But it is hilarious to see Hamilton available for the "right offer" already. Don't think the Flames can afford or really need Ferland, as nice as it would be to have him back.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Canes swapped a LHD for a RHD and traded away one of their best scorers.

Now the Canes are looking to move an RHD (they have too many) for a scorer (they have too few).

Kind of reminds me of the Habs under Bergevin. Alright boys, we need a centre. We've got some good pieces. Let's trade Subban for a defenceman and Sergachev for a winger. Huh, we still don't have a centre.

Reactions: Janks and Cyrano

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I honestly think the only team Dougie would fit in with is the Yotes. Why, the GM places a ton of value on analytics. He makes a good salary for his talent. And it’s a place where no one cares about hockey.

There’s something seriously wrong with him as a teammate. There’s no way someone as talented as him should be traded as often as he is. Also he’s starting to score again, maybe the GM told him to produce and he will move him.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I honestly think the only team Dougie would fit in with is the Yotes. Why, the GM places a ton of value on analytics. He makes a good salary for his talent. And it’s a place where no one cares about hockey.

There’s something seriously wrong with him as a teammate. There’s no way someone as talented as him should be traded as often as he is. Also he’s starting to score again, maybe the GM told him to produce and he will move him.
I honestly think Chayka claimed Familton to destabilize our locker room to facilitate a trade that would send him to Arizona. He was claimed on Jan 4th, by which time the Yotes were already well out of the playoff race, and didn't play until Feb 24th. After all, Chayka is Mr. Analytics and Dougie is an advanced stats darling.

That's right ladies and gentlemen, Chayka is the reason we're first in the division

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's hard not to rub it in, but hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog did we ever win this trade.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
And that in itself is wild - that a 21-year-old defenseman on pace for like 40 points is a cherry on top.

It really is. Hanifin and Kylington are the same age. Imagine how hard we would be hyping he Kylington or Andersson, for that matter if they were on pace to get 40pts? Hanifin has played for a few years already but what he is doing is establishing as a top young defenceman in the NHL.

Hanifin is a tremendous hockey player.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And that in itself is wild - that a 21-year-old defenseman on pace for like 40 points is a cherry on top.

40 pts without being the main offensive role...he is doing good.

I didnt really follow Lindholm that much before but how can you trade a good young player like that?

Under 5M for 6 yrs for both players is also a steal...BT saved his job with that trade

Reactions: Cyrano

Khrox

May 31, 2018
BT saved his job with that trade
He definitely gave the franchise life with that trade. Yeah we were up and coming, but that trade basically puts us in "playoffs minimum" for the next few years (and potentially dark horse contender, even this year).

Reactions: Cyrano

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Once this season is over, I've got a lot things to add to the crow eating thread that I'm not going to jinx right now :laugh:

Yeah I loved the deal when we did it. However I get people being on the fence with it, we gave up a lot and no one expected this kind of season from Lindholm and Hanifin.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He definitely gave the franchise life with that trade. Yeah we were up and coming, but that trade basically puts us in "playoffs minimum" for the next few years (and potentially dark horse contender, even this year).

That was one of my first comments when I heard of that trade. It felt like Tre immediately modified the contention window from 2-3 years to around 3-5 with that trade alone.

But this trade has hugely surpassed my expectations.

I also expected Carolina to maybe shop Ferland around as a rental, but if Dougie is on the block too... what the hell?

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Best trade we've ever had? So far at least...I mean at this point Lindholm would've been worth that alone...Then there is Hanifin, lol...Trewizard for the win!

varano

Jun 27, 2013

That actually makes sense. That way... hamilton can match the fanbase. :naughty:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but I'd be thrilled if the Flames re-acquired Ferly in exchange for Neal and another player. Then re-sign Ferly. and use the difference in the contract amount for Rittich. I'm not sure if Tre could pick the Canes pockets one more time or not.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but I'd be thrilled if the Flames re-acquired Ferly in exchange for Neal and another player. Then re-sign Ferly. and use the difference in the contract amount for Rittich. I'm not sure if Tre could pick the Canes pockets one more time or not.

No one is going to be willing to take Neal until he starts scoring again.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad