Confirmed with Link: Elias Lindholm and Noah Hanifin coming to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, Micheal Ferland

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ferland with only 1 goal in his last 5 (at minimum, maybe more) and if Carolina loses tonight they'll be 6-7-1.

Small sample size OBVIOUSLY, but this is the real Ferland.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ferland with only 1 goal in his last 5 (at minimum, maybe more) and if Carolina loses tonight they'll be 6-7-1.

Small sample size OBVIOUSLY, but this is the real Ferland.

Well, the real Ferland is just a hot and cold player.
I really like the guy, but my only knock on the guy is that he gets into an offensive mindset and becomes way too lackadaisical in terms of physicality. When he's not producing and not being a physical impact out there, he's frustrating; because of how good he can normally be.

I know there's the argument "most scorers score in bunches" but the good players still look dangerous, independent of if they're scoring. Neal gets at least 1 grade A chance a night and fires off another 3-4; he's always a threat to score... Ferland's problem has been he looks like a true top line scoring threat... and then the next day looks like an un-enthused Kovalev .

May 27, 2012
Earth
To be fair, in the last 5 games Aho has 2 points and Teuvo has 1 assist. It’s not like it’s Ferland shutting down. It’s the team itself.

You guys would be right if Aho and TT both had 5 and 4 points each while Ferland only has 1 goal or something.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Hope Carolina makes the postseason just so they get to experience playoff Ferland.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It's also the real Carolina Hurricanes. No goaltending and no offensive depth. They might be able to snag a Wild Card spot because the East is so shit/inconsistent this year, but I can't see them doing any damage.

My only problem with Ferland is that he is an above average 3rd liner being propped up on team's first lines. I love the guy, he can be an effective player, but he's not a top 6 guy on good teams. On Pittsburgh next to Sid or Geno sure, on Calgary next to Monahan or Backlund no.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Quick little scorecard to evaluate the trade.

Lindholm 11G 10A -- 21 Points ATOI 20:58 VS Ferland 9G 4A --13 Points ATOI 15:53
Hanifin 0G 7A --7 ATOI 20:19 Points VS Hamilton 3G 3A -- 6 Points ATOI 20:03 (For the last 10 Games Hamilton's average is closer to 19 Minutes so his use has decreased)

Without considering the contracts Calgary already appears to be winning this trade in getting the best D-man and forward.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Quick little scorecard to evaluate the trade.

Lindholm 11G 10A -- 21 Points ATOI 20:58 VS Ferland 9G 4A --13 Points ATOI 15:53
Hanifin 0G 7A --7 ATOI 20:19 Points VS Hamilton 3G 3A -- 6 Points ATOI 20:03 (For the last 10 Games Hamilton's average is closer to 19 Minutes so his use has decreased)

Without considering the contracts Calgary already appears to be winning this trade in getting the best D-man and forward.

Except for the fact they might sign Adam Fox who could have another record setting season...

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Except for the fact they might sign Adam Fox who could have another record setting season...

Yes but he was never signing in Calgary and I have doubts that he will sign in the tire fire that is Carolina considering the Hurricanes already have 9 possibly 10 NHL ready d-men. Fox will go for a much more sure situation like Tampa, Toronto, Montreal, or New York Rangers so he can get the ice time and big contract as soon as possible.

Fox's agent said he was not signing... He wants to choose his team, assuring himself of a roster spot and that certainly won't be the Hurricanes or the Flames as both have way too much D depth. Tre did the right thing.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yes but he was never signing in Calgary and I have doubts that he will sign in the tire fire that is Carolina considering the Hurricanes already have 9 possibly 10 NHL ready d-men. Fox will go for a much more sure situation like Tampa, Toronto, Montreal, or New York Rangers so he can get the ice time and big contract as soon as possible.

Fox's agent said he was not signing... He wants to choose his team, assuring himself of a roster spot and that certainly won't be the Hurricanes or the Flames as both have way too much D depth. Tre did the right thing.

Still, having his rights would have been valuable we could have traded him to NYR to take Neal, or for a first etc.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad