Injury Report: EK65

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Jeez even with a questionable groin he can dance

Apparently the second injury wasn’t related to the first injury. Not sure if he’s lying or not but he said the injury in Boston was separate and the injury from 3 months ago had healed. I’m wondering if the last one was a hamstring injury or just another groin pull.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Apparently the second injury wasn’t related to the first injury. Not sure if he’s lying or not but he said the injury in Boston was separate and the injury from 3 months ago had healed. I’m wondering if the last one was a hamstring injury or just another groin pull.

Didn't PDB mention it was "close in proximity to the first injury" or something like that?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

People keep saying this but all i have ever seen or written about was that he aggravated the injury he was coming back from.

Unless he was sitting out the 1st time with multiple injuries one of which nobody knew about, then it was karlsson reinjuring the groin during the boston game.

Reactions: DeadGhost

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Less concerned about his groin than I am his shoulders and back, because my boy EK is going to have to carry this team in the playoffs

If he's healthy and playing at the level he was at before the injury, he can easily do that. Karlsson carried a bunch of dead weight to an ECF game 7 OT vs. the Pens in 2017. This team is way more talented despite being in a rut the past 3 weeks.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If he's healthy and playing at the level he was at before the injury, he can easily do that. Karlsson carried a bunch of dead weight to an ECF game 7 OT vs. the Pens in 2017. This team is way more talented despite being in a rut the past 3 weeks.

I agree entirely regarding talent, but that Ottawa team had much better goaltending and they also played a system that didn’t hang their goalies out to dry in the same fashion that our system does.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Can A healthy EK65 play in goal? All joking aside I hope he’s healthy and can turn the Sharks fortunes around

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Even if EK is 60% of what he was two years ago in the playoffs, that's better than every other D in the league but a select few. I just hope he is healthy and can give his team a boost. Game changers are so freakin' important in those tighter than skinny jeans playoff games.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
It's at least courteous that he's saving himself for the playoffs instead of racking it up for the regular season and mailing it in for the post, a la Tomato Soupy.

Reactions: slocal

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Looking good in practice. Really wonder if he plays Saturday

This was pretty good. Hard stop to each side but a little less force on the right side (2nd stop). Impossible to tell if that's purposeful or just a function of not needing as much force. Would need to see more footage. At least he doesn't appear to be limp skating.

Didn't PDB mention it was "close in proximity to the first injury" or something like that?
That could mean anywhere on his body in coach speak.:laugh:

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
That's depressing - Welp. :(
Awww... C'mon man. He looks pretty good. The Sharks are about to add one of the best defenseman in the world to their lineup just in time for the playoffs. Anytime you can do that you should be extremely excited.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Awww... C'mon man. He looks pretty good. The Sharks are about to add one of the best defenseman in the world to their lineup just in time for the playoffs. Anytime you can do that you should be extremely excited.

I was until you said "it can be anywhere in DeBoer speak," and I was like s**t, he's right. :laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad