Injury Report: EK65

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
That tweet makes it sound serious but he's literally played a game since being hurt

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Pure speculation, but the only play I can recall is that dirty uncalled boarding in the Vegas game. The fact that he played, was a late scratch, and the "longterm risks", it kinda sounds like concussion-like symptoms.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Pure speculation, but the only play I can recall is that dirty uncalled boarding in the Vegas game. The fact that he played, was a late scratch, and the "longterm risks", it kinda sounds like concussion-like symptoms.

What boarding? I don’t remember one, but it’s Vegas. I also sometimes tend to convince myself that other team’s plays weren’t actually dirty. :laugh:

Having said that, Kurz mentioned that he was limping, and during the game in Arizona (first game where his injury struggles were apparent), I thought it looked like his injury was lower body.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
karlsson has a real problem with playing no matter what. to a fault honestly.

good that they are being cautious

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
If it were (post) concussion, he would not be skating/playing until symptoms were gone; so I doubt it's that.

I would believe so as the NHL seems to define strict protocol on concussion injuries rather than the teams.

But why was PDB still playing the bench during one? lol

I'm going with Kurz' tweet of limping, and favoring his left side... lower body injury. The concern I have is his ankle injury that he recovered from was on the left.

Last edited:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hope he gets well soon. A guy like Karlsson is someone you have to be cautious about. Sit him for a few games to get him back to 100%

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Any other year, totally, but it being in SJ and Karlsson yet to be resigned, i want him there

Nah- I think this is an opportunity to show SJ cares about the things that matter- the health of their people and winning a cup!

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Nah- I think this is an opportunity to show SJ cares about the things that matter- the health of their people and winning a cup!
those aren't mutually exclusive though. If he is healthy, he should play. If not, then he shouldn't. But he shouldn't take the suspension and rest (which would be the result if he skips).

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
The silver lining might be that with no EK65 to eat up Vlasic's hard minutes the team is actually going to see what sort of potential their unproven blueliners have. This could help to determine if Vlasic is necessary on a team with Burns and Karlsson.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
those aren't mutually exclusive though. If he is healthy, he should play. If not, then he shouldn't. But he shouldn't take the suspension and rest (which would be the result if he skips).

He obviously isn’t healthy though and back to back games doesn’t help. After tomorrow our next game won’t be until Feb. 2. I think getting EK65 back up to 100% should be our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority. Maybe play tonight, take a “suspension” tomorrow to get started on his rest

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
He obviously isn’t healthy though and back to back games doesn’t help. After tomorrow our next game won’t be until Feb. 2. I think getting EK65 back up to 100% should be our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority. Maybe play tonight, take a “suspension” tomorrow to get started on his rest
just sit him until after the break. The sharks have always gotten in trouble at the end of the season as injuries mount. Its not worth it at all for any of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad