Proposal: Eichel to CGY

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This is so bizarre. Eichel on a terrible team has been just shy of ppg for the past two seasons on his elc, while playing thru injuries.

To downgrade to Monahan, who is good, would be unbelievably dumb.

Risto vs Hamilton, pretty similar offensive numbers, with Risto being a bit more physical, Hamilton a little better in his own zone, tho with the dcorp that Hamilton has gotten to play with in his career, hard to say who is a better player, but I’d say it’s fair to say neither player is significantly better.

Which basically leaves late first, and a real good prospect to downgrade from Eichel to Monahan. That’s impossible to justify.

Reactions: sabrescupbound

Jan 21, 2018
As a fan of neither team, I think it is quite fair. But

I value Hamilton >>> than Ristolainen.

No, you value Hamilton on Boston/Calgary more than Ristolainen on Buffalo. Swap places and you'd be singing a different tune.

It's mind blowing that there are people that actually think this is fair or that Calgary is losing out.

Reactions: sabrescupbound

YoureAllTaxCheats

Feb 21, 2018
Eichel and Monahan are simply not in the same tier of player, and I like monahan a lot! Sabres aren’t trading their franchise game changer for any trade where he is the best player involved.

While I don't deny that Eichel is the better overall player, Monahan is no slouch in his own right and the difference between them is not a young, #1 / 2 defenseman on a sweetheart of a contract (Hamilton).

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
While I don't deny that Eichel is the better overall player, Monahan is no slouch in his own right and the difference between them is not a young, #1 / 2 defenseman on a sweetheart of a contract (Hamilton).

Maybe not in a vacuum, but it isn’t enough for Buffalo to give up a potential top 5 player in the league.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Did I miss the part where that was the trade, cuz I thought Risto was also in the deal???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad