Proposal: Eichel to CGY

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Eichel for Monahan + Hamilton + 2019 1st round draft pick.

Eichel is the franchise

Reactions: Grabner

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Neither team would do this trade.

Pretty sure Calgary would.
Eichel is a far better player than Monahan. Him and Gaudreau would be a dynamic duo in this league.
Ristolainen wouldn't have to be the guy in Calgary, he'd play behind Giordano and Brodie.

The first and Fox are a bit overkill. Take the first out and insert another non-Valimaki/Andersson prospect, and Calgary runs to the bank.

Reactions: flamesforcup

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Even if you want to call it "fair", which I disagree with, Buffalo isn't trading Eichel for a fair offer.

Buffalo would not trade Eichel unless the offer was such a massive overpayment that they just couldn't say no. This offer is not it.

Eichel is their franchise right now.
He pretty much carries the Sabres, and he contributes on a ridiculous amount of Buffalo's goals.

I don't know what the final numbers were (maybe someone can post them?) but as of February, he has contributed on over 42% of Buffalo's goals, which was #1 in the entire NHL. 42.6% to be exact. That's insane!

Eichel’s offensive dominance a beacon of hope in another playoff-less Sabres season | The Hockey News

His numbers are even more impressive when you take into consideration how awful Buffalo is at scoring goals. They were dead last in goals once again.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
As it doesn't work for either team, it's hardly debatable.

Eichel is the face of the Sabres franchise, like it or not, accept it or not.

They don't have much to sell the team on, he's the one exception.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Maybe I may be a bit off here but what will BUF/CGY have to add to make this more fair ? I Think this deal would help both teams

BUF
Eichel
Risto

CGY
Monahan
Hamilton
1st
Adam Fox

Subtract Eichel and Monahan, replace with O'Reilly and *a good middle-six forward from Calgary*. Deal.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Here we go with the much original over-exaggeration posts
Yeah cus eichel and risto for monohan hamilton 1st from next year and fox doesn't make sense for the sabres giving up the best piece by far and 3rd best piece. You don't trade your franchise player unless its an overpayment

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
I don't see how Buffalo trading their two best players makes them a better team. In general, wouldn't the theory to make a team better be to keep the best players and upgrade the other ones?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
tenor.gif

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah cus eichel and risto for monohan hamilton 1st from next year and fox doesn't make sense for the sabres giving up the best piece by far and 3rd best piece. You don't trade your franchise player unless its an overpayment

Well we're on different pages, I have buffalo giving up the best player and the 4th best player, while Calgary gives up the 2nd and 3rd best players plus 2 great/good prospects (depending where the first lands)
Id say eickel << Monahan, Risto >>> Hamilton (I think i put those the right way?) Monahan is at minimum a 30/30 player while Hamilton is a 45+ point rhd, Fox rn was listed as our #2 prospect, I'd personally want top 5 protection on the 1st, but Buffalo would need to add Baptiste and a 2nd to the deal imo to make it fair, I wouldn't do Ham+Mon+Fox+1st (19) for just Eicks and Risto, a 2 for 2 swap (Ham/Mon-Risto/Eick is fair) upgrade at C but downgrade at D, upgrade at D but downgrade at C.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Who is the 3rd best piece? Hamilton and Monahan are both clearly more valuable than Risto.

I don't see Buffalo doing this, but many posters in this thread are sorely underestimating Hamilton's trade value here.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Most Buffalo fans wouldn't even trade Eichel for Monahan and Johnny. They like their shiny toy.

YoureAllTaxCheats

Feb 21, 2018
Holy crap, Eichel is getting overrated in this thread. Monahan and Hamilton? Geezus, no thanks. Would rather have our top centre and one of the league's top defenseman. A game is played with 19 players, not one. The difference in Monahan and Eichel is definitely not Hamilton.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Holy crap, Eichel is getting overrated in this thread. Monahan and Hamilton? Geezus, no thanks. Would rather have our top centre and one of the league's top defenseman. A game is played with 19 players, not one. The difference in Monahan and Eichel is definitely not Hamilton.

Eichel and Monahan are simply not in the same tier of player, and I like monahan a lot! Sabres aren’t trading their franchise game changer for any trade where he is the best player involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad