Ehlers vs Marner & Nylander

Who will finish the season with more goals, Ehlers or Marner and Nylander?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
I’m not insulted at all, I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Also I have no idea why you decided to bring Matthews and Laine into this thread.

Once again the entire point of that post was how many Leafs fans make ridiculous statements like you just did again.

Also never said I would take Connor over Marner, I said I would take the duo that scores considerably more goals over the duo that gets slightly more points.

Come on, every fan base has their homers but look at the early comments in this thread that instigate it. Of course they are going to say things back. It was a dumb thread to begin with.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Also I have no idea why you decided to bring Matthews and Laine into this thread.

Once again the entire point of that post was how many Leafs fans make ridiculous statements like you just did again.

Also never said I would take Connor over Marner, I said I would take the duo that scores considerably more goals over the duo that gets slightly more points.
My statement wasn't ridiculous, it was actually fact. And Marner is the best player out of the 4 no doubt about it, so I'd take the duo with the best player and the 2nd or 3rd best player.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
My statement wasn't ridiculous, it was actually fact. And Marner is the best player out of the 4 no doubt about it, so I'd take the duo with the best player and the 2nd or 3rd best player.

No it was ridiculous, also you never said anything based on facts, you never brought any facts to the table all you said was certain players are better than certain players based on nothing you brought to the table to back up your statements.

Maybe try backing up your statements with actual facts like, points, goals, primary points, even strength points, possession metrics.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
No it was ridiculous, also you never said anything based on facts, you never brought any facts to the table all you said was certain players are better than certain players based on nothing you brought to the table to back up your statements.

Maybe try backing up your statements with actual facts like, points, goals, primary points, even strength points, possession metrics.

Marner is and will remain better than Laine, let alone Ehlers and Connor.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Nah, how about you prove me wrong with facts?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I mean I'm not sure how you can complain about him bringing up Matthews and Laine with it being irrelevant when you literally did the exact same thing bringing up the point totals of the teams. If you want to keep it in topic then keep it on topic yourself.

Reactions: BayStreetBully

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Nah, how about you prove me wrong with facts?
Well I have already showed you some stats showing that Marner, nylander, Ehlers and Connor are all extremely close.

I’m not claiming any players are better, you’re the one doing it.

Ive proved my point.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I mean I'm not sure how you can complain about him bringing up Matthews and Laine with it being irrelevant when you literally did the exact same thing bringing up the point totals of the teams. If you want to keep it in topic then keep it on topic yourself.
That’s a good point, however the context of when that was originally said and said again was again showing another ridiculous statement many Leafs fan said.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
That’s a good point, however the context of when that was originally said and said again was again showing another ridiculous statement many Leafs fan said.
I really don't want to get into random fan base generalization talks and stuff. I was just making the point that for however ridiculous it is to bring up Matthews and Laine it's equally as ridiculous to bring up the team's record. Whatever grudge you have with Leaf fans doesn't really matter.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
It really isn't that far fetched as some make it out. Both supremely talented, but completely different styles.

I prefer Marner’s dynamism to Laine’s reliance on one supreme skill. In the playoffs, when teams study their opponents ferociously, a player like Laine will be far easier to contain than a player like Marner. I liken it to an Ovechkin v Kane situation.

(That’s Rocket Ovechkin, not the Art Ross Ovechkin. Without the speed and assists)

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Perfect, because your stats actually show the leafs duo as the better duo.
If that’s the way you’d like to interpret that.

Marner has the most PPG, and the third most goals.

Nylander is tied with Ehlers for the least PPG and has the least amount of goals.

Ehlers is tied with Nylander for the least amount of PPG and has the second most goals.

Connor has the second highest PPG and the most goals.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
If that’s the way you’d like to interpret that.

Marner has the most PPG, and the third most goals.

Nylander is tied with Ehlers for the least PPG and has the least amount of goals.

Ehlers is tied with Nylander for the least amount of PPG and has the second most goals.

Connor has the second highest PPG and the most goals.
So if you rank the players:
1. Marner
2. Connor
T-3. Nylander/Ehlers

I still take leafs duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad