Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. San Jose Sharks (P3) - WC First Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Huh that one slipped my mind. Although that one seemed more like a rude attention grabber than a spear spear.

I don't think it got a bit more than attention, but yeah.

I thought Benn got him and Joe's was retaliatory... No more spears! (queue the ozzy...)

There was some back and forth. Doesn't really matter who started it. Jumbo got hit in the crotch by Stastny, retaliated and got tossed.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Draisaitl's little slash to Thornton's knee probably bothered me more than the spear. Either way the Sharks just need to keep doing what they're doing and keep frustrating him and McDavid

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Atlanta's one play-off where they went "all-in" at the deadline only to get trashed by the Rangers in four games.

It pretty much sunk the franchise.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Some facts to consider (not meant to be a downer, but this is what we're facing at the moment)

Since 2010, the Sharks are 3-6 when facing elimination.
Since 2010, the Sharks are 1-1 when facing elimination in a Game 6. (Won vs LA in 2013, Lost vs Pittsburgh last season)
The last time the Sharks have overcome a 3-2 series deficit and won was 2008 vs. Calgary.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Win Game 6, and it's a toss up, literally. (Sharks 2-2 in Game 7's since 2010)

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Since 2010, the Sharks are 3-6 when facing elimination.

Should note that 3 of those 6 losses were in series where we were blown out (2010 Chicago Sweep, 2011 and 2012 Game 5 losses to VAN and STL)

when facing elimination in games 6 or later, we are 3-3.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Is it wrong that I kinda want the season to end tomorrow night? The sharks aren't good enough to go far and it's almost May. I would rather see this team recover their wounds, Couture get a face back and Thornton getting healthy for the I hope two year contract extension so he can retire in teal.

Basically I think I'm getting done with Hockey season and want to watch more baseball.

From a hockey fan standpoint, I'm rooting for Naehville. What a fun team to watch.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Is it wrong that I kinda want the season to end tomorrow night? The sharks aren't good enough to go far and it's almost May. I would rather see this team recover their wounds, Couture get a face back and Thornton getting healthy for the I hope two year contract extension so he can retire in teal.

Basically I think I'm getting done with Hockey season and want to watch more baseball.

From a hockey fan standpoint, I'm rooting for Naehville. What a fun team to watch.

I'd rather them lose game seven than six. At least send the fans home happy to finish their season at home. That extra day of playing won't change anything when it comes to recovering. Plus, I do get some enjoyment out of watching the Edmonton crowd. Their excessive jubilation is humorous to me.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'd rather them lose game seven than six. At least send the fans home happy to finish their season at home. That extra day of playing won't change anything when it comes to recovering. Plus, I do get some enjoyment out of watching the Edmonton crowd. Their excessive jubilation is humorous to me.

They havent had much to celebrate since what, 2006? They're a good team doing good things. I don't think they beat anahiem but the crowd is still fun.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They havent had much to celebrate since what, 2006? They're a good team doing good things. I don't think they beat anahiem but the crowd is still fun.

Oh, I understand why and in most instances, I have no issue. I only like to point out how cheerful they get at the slightest bit of contact initiated by an Oiler. It's hilarious. Just a small little rubout on the boards that did no damage and made no difference to the play gets a huge pop. It's just funny to me. I do enjoy their rendition of Oh Canada though and I'm not one to really care much for anthems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad