Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. San Jose Sharks (P3) - WC First Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009

Max is $10k or a % of salary. Sigh.

My problem with this is this call to not suspend is that if you look at Draisitl's eyes, he is aiming for the groin. This was in no way accidental; it was calculated. Jumbo sometimes jostles with guys and spears them, however i dont see those as purposeful, targeted spears.

Kinda ******. Maybe Dillon should take him out back

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
My problem with this is this call to not suspend is that if you look at Draisitl's eyes, he is aiming for the groin. This was in no way accidental; it was calculated. Jumbo sometimes jostles with guys and spears them, however i dont see those as purposeful, targeted spears.

Kinda ******. Maybe Dillon should take him out back
Jumbo definitely Spears people on purpose

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Yeah, Jumbo is a spear machine. Wish he'd stop but that's Joe.

Y'all are missing my original point. He spears when pushing with a guy, not after the puck is gone, eyes locked on the target like Draisaitl did.

That's a huge difference in my book

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Y'all are missing my original point. He spears when pushing with a guy, not after the puck is gone, eyes locked on the target like Draisaitl did.

That's a huge difference in my book

Thornton definitely did it a few times out of nowhere. Regardless, a spear is a spear in my book. Shouldn't happen regardless of the situation.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Jumbo spears when he gets hacked or cross-checked because he's a pissed off curmudgeonly old man who's had it with these whippersnappers taking liberties on his old bones

Draisaitl threw a spear because he was mad he was losing

Both are gross and dirty plays, but only one of them was being a baby about it

Edit: I've never seen Thornton throw an unsolicited spear to the most tender of regions, but if he ever did it was similarly baby ********

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I think you're looking at game 5, game 6 says TBD on every nhl.com page I see. It even says TBD on the ticket page.

I think it all comes down to if Chicago gets eliminated by then or not. We'll probably end up being the noon-ish NBC national game.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I think it all comes down to if Chicago gets eliminated by then or not. We'll probably end up being the noon-ish NBC national game.

lol. There's zero chance NBC puts the Edmonton Oilers on the flagship when they'll have Rangers-Habs and Wild-Blues to choose from even if the Blackhawks get swept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad