GDT: U18 Final day (USA-CAN, SWE-SVK)

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
George is going to need to stand on his head. This team hasnt been able to generate shite on offense since the 2nd period vs Sweden yesterday.
Also haven't had a PP in that time. Need that to get them going

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Oh man, this stupid cars for kids commercial....

Offensively a little too tight & defensively a little too lose

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
**** that hurts. I hate late period goals
Elick not having a great period

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
They all count.

Am I the only one who thinks that the US navy jerseys- or kits together with the white helmet is a lot cooler look than this one?

Those are together with the yellow kit of Sweden and Finlands old blue jerseys the best looking kits imo. Followed by always classic Russian red (with that subtle blue stripe on their socks) and Canadian both black and red.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
USA's pace has been too much for Canada thus far. Could pretty easily be 2 or 3-0 if not for George.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
McKenna needs to stop f***ing dangling so uselessly and pass it to his teammates instead of turning it over. Reminds me of Ehlers and his miserable playoffs. Directly lead to the US counterattack and goal.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
These both teams are very superior to others this year. But in all honesty? The only ones who wowed me are Hagens and McKenna. Especially Hagens.
Pretty disappointed with the level this year.
I mean Martone, Stiga and others are good and the whole American team can pretty much skate but still, not that that impressed with the overall level this year.

Last edited:

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I know none of you are likely watching on RDS but Stéphane Leroux has said a few times during the game today and the semifinal yesterday that Connelly is a top 10/top 5 pick. I’m assuming he doesn’t know his…. uh…. Political affiliations

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
USA was very clearly the better team in that period, despite the actual goal being weak George deserves credit for keeping it close. Canada needs to actually generate some sustained pressure to get a shot at a goal and also give a reprieve to the defence.

Reactions: jj cale

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada has probably like the first 10 minutes of this period to show they can play with this team, they need to come out with their A game from puck drop or it will start to really get away from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad