Dreger: Edmonton Oilers Have Offers For Jordan Eberle, Trade Likely

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Good news whether he is traded or not. Shows that he still has some value. If he's traded for decent value, even better.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Good news whether he is traded or not. Shows that he still has some value. If he's traded for decent value, even better.
Of course he has value.

Don't let HFBoards fool you into thinking a 27-year old who can score around 60 points is worthless. Teams will be interested in this.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Put away your lofty expectations, Oiler fans. I don't say that to mock--look at everyone's reaction to the Hall/Larsson swap and look how that turned out. You may very well get "hosed" in value for the deal but come out a better team, which is what it's all about.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Put away your lofty expectations, Oiler fans. I don't say that to mock--look at everyone's reaction to the Hall/Larsson swap and look how that turned out. You may very well get "hosed" in value for the deal but come out a better team, which is what it's all about.

You wont find a single edm fan that would trade Larsson to get Hall back

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Of course he has value.

Don't let HFBoards fool you into thinking a 27-year old who can score around 60 points is worthless. Teams will be interested in this.

Definitely agree. I want Eberle out of Edmonton, but its not because he's not a good player because he is. He has his faults sure, but he is in the top half of scoring 1st line RWers in the league. The reason I want him gone from Edmonton is he doesn't really fit our play style anymore (cycle and speed is Edmonton's new identity), and we will need to have cheaper wingers with McD and Draisaitl down the middle and potentially Nuge sticking around. Eberle can still be a good piece even on a playoff team that can score 20-30 goals and put up 55-60 points. If anything I think the fact that he's only got 2 years left on his contract actually helps his value because he's not a long-term commitment and will likely be someone you could re-sign for cheaper after those 2 years are up if things work out.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Something around Martinez for Eberle?
If he was only a righty. Plus the Oilers have this weird curse that former Oilers 4th line pluggers light us up when they return so Eberle in the division is a no for me.

Last year the Oilers needed help on the backend; this year the Oilers need secondary scoring. So what are you proposing to address that?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
You wont find a single edm fan that would trade Larsson to get Hall back

yeah i know. initial reactions though...and the expectations leading up to the trade were really, really, really far off. But it worked out.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Dallas for the 3rd pick for Eberle Edmonton's 22nd pick, 4th round pick. That seems like an Oilers-ish thing to happen.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Dallas for the 3rd pick for Eberle Edmonton's 22nd pick, 3rd round pick. That seems like an Oilers-ish thing to happen.

I don't see Dallas having any interest in this, but I'd be fine with it. Vilardi would be a great pick up for Edmonton. Again though, don't really see why Dallas does this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad