Speculation: Edmonton Goalie Issues

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Linus Ullmark for Nugent-Hopkins. Reigning Vezina winner would definitely shore up the Edmonton net. Bruins get their Bergeron/Krejci replacement.. Swayman has proven he can handle #1 duties and the Bruins have capable backups in the wings. I'd assume Boston may have to add but the contracts/cap hit line up almost exact as well.
Is love Ullmark ... I'd love Swayman more but that Boston D core is infinitely better than ours. They'd look like Skinner and Campbell for us. Fix the D.. one guy and then see if the goalies actually suck. Which they probably do but I'd like to see them with a better D first.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Is love Ullmark ... I'd love Swayman more but that Boston D core is infinitely better than ours. They'd look like Skinner and Campbell for us. Fix the D.. one guy and then see if the goalies actually suck. Which they probably do but I'd like to see them with a better D first.

Let Ekholm recover until 100% healthy, take the risk on a rocky start and then hit the ground running a month from now.

Trade a forward for a defenceman if possible. Skinner is part of the answer, not part of the problem

A picture is worth 1,000 words, and this exemplifies Edmontons issues

IMG_1041.jpeg

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Let Ekholm recover until 100% healthy, take the risk on a rocky start and then hit the ground running a month from now.

Trade a forward for a defenceman if possible. Skinner is part of the answer, not part of the problem
Agree about Skinner. I think Rodrigue will be good too. I'm starting to wonder about campbell though.lol

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Agree about Skinner. I think Rodrigue will be good too. I'm starting to wonder about campbell though.lol
Campbell was streaky before he got that egregious contract, he definitely needs a strong defensive corp in front of him to solidify his game

Reactions: Czechboy

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All 4 goals were the result of big errors by the defence. 2 tip in goals were the Canuck players were behind the D and had full control of their sticks. 1 goal were both Nurse and ceci decided to pinch at the same time resulting in a 2 on 0. The winning goal with a rusty Ekholm cheating to cover Bouchards side then getting beat wide.

The team actually played really well but the Canucks capitalized on every mistake and Skinner wasn't good enough to bail the D out. I know it's impossible to play a perfect game but the goaltending needs to bail the team out.
For sure. They don't have the goaltending to win four rounds .....and that's the goal in Edmonton.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's not that he isn't a great player still. He is still a great player. IMO the 2nd most talented player ever after Lemieux. It's the same argument I have for Shaq in basketball. He should have been the greatest player ever, but wasn't. He won't win until he buys into a 200 foot team game.

BTW, I don't mean selfish like he's a puck hog. I mean selfish like he cares more about individual accolades than he does about winning cups.
Yep. Constantly looking for the next goal. And his team mates seem to follow that philosophy.
Scott Bowman to Stevie Y : "do you want to have 120 point seasons or do you want to win some Stanley Cups"
Bowman implemented the change and when Stevie Y bought in......everyone bought in.

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What does Montreal want for a package of Montembeault and Kovacevic? Never mind the fact Edmonton could've added both for free a year ago, but their contracts are about the only ones that could fit under the team's current cap structure.

I imagine the only real interest from Montreal's side is something around Bouchard. Which I don't think Edmonton wants to do.

• Haha
Reactions: RCGP2

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I imagine the only real interest from Montreal's side is something around Bouchard. Which I don't think Edmonton wants to do.
No, I think Montreal lost some of the hot for Bouchard after drafting Reinbacher and great camp Mailloux had. Kovacevic is playing well also. Then there is Barron. Habs are stacked on right D.

Reactions: PaulD

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Who has a top 4 shutdown defenseman available? I firmly believe that Edmonton would look much better if they didn't have so many defensmeb playing above where they should be by one spot. Need a reliable top 4 partner for Nurse so they can bump Ceci to the bottom pair

Nurse - New guy
Ekholm - Bouchard
Broberg - Ceci

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Who has a top 4 shutdown defenseman available? I firmly believe that Edmonton would look much better if they didn't have so many defensmeb playing above where they should be by one spot. Need a reliable top 4 partner for Nurse so they can bump Ceci to the bottom pair

Nurse - New guy
Ekholm - Bouchard
Broberg - Ceci

I know I'm in the minority of Oilers fans, but give me a few years of Parayko until his back gives out.

Ceci, Foegele, 2024 1st and any prospect not on the big club

Then trade Kulak to any team with the cap space for mid round pick,

$2.25M in cap space to call up someone to take Foegele's place.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I know I'm in the minority of Oilers fans, but give me a few years of Parayko until his back gives out.

I'm fine with Parayko too actually, fitting in his cap hit would be hard though. It would almost be a perfect scenario, but I don't anticipate we will see all of Ceci, Foegele and Kulak moved. Ceci would get us half way there. I don't know what the rest of that trade could look like though.

Nurse - Parayko
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Broberg

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'm fine with Parayko too actually, fitting in his cap hit would be hard though. It would almost be a perfect scenario, but I don't anticipate we will see all of Ceci, Foegele and Kulak moved. Ceci would get us half way there. I don't know what the rest of that trade could look like though.

Nurse - Parayko
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Broberg

Yeah, some combination of Ceci/Foegele still has us $500K over. If you can find a taker of Kulak separately, you got Desharnais and Broberg as the third pairing. Lavoie taking Foegele's spot.

2024 1st, top Oiler prospect, 500K savings and not having Parayko long term could be enticing to the Blues, but I'm not familiar with their team, needs and desire to contend or semi-rebuild.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

dont thinks StL fans consider that enuf for Para
even w/?-able back

Would prefer 8 yrs of Sanderson locked in, +, but
perhaps it is time to consider something around
Shesty
for
Drai

yeah, flame away
but Vez quality return is not available for cheap/reasonable

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Soft, slow, selfish, and stupid. He'd be fine in the AHL, but Montreal has no use for a pylon on their blueline now or in the future.
ha! a tad harsh , but Bouchard is soft and slow. Not exactly a high IQ dman either.
Half his points (or more) are gone playing anywhere else.
I could get 25 pts a year on that powerplay.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Your countries best players are part of the bruins core. You’re bias :sarcasm::naughty:

What if defence looks better when the goalies aren’t both back up goalies?

I’m jk I’m jk. I just want Edmonton to get desperate and trade a top 6 centre for bussi.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
dont thinks StL fans consider that enuf for Para
even w/?-able back

Would prefer 8 yrs of Sanderson locked in, +, but
perhaps it is time to consider something around
Shesty
for
Drai

yeah, flame away
but Vez quality return is not available for cheap/reasonable

It's not time to consider that unless Drai tells us he's not signing and even then, that trade happens next year. Trading McDavid's "Ride or Die" for whatever the return is would be quickest way to guarantee McDavid doesn't stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad