Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread: 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I am surprised Walker hasn't gotten a chance in the NFL, hes got great speed, great hands, and his route running is really good aswell, plus he has good size.

I still can't fathom how he went undrafted in 2014. Just doesn't make sense; he wasn't outstanding at A&M, but like you said, with his skill set, it's hard to find anything not to love.

Too be fair, he got crushed on that fumble. :naughty::naughty:

Yeah, true :laugh:

But I'm going to think of it every time he takes a snap... disconcerting to say the least. I wish we had a better option haha.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Reilly racking up the big numbers this season. His mechanics are really impressing me. His two step drop, ability to read a defense and accuracy are much better than last season.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Reilly racking up the big numbers this season. His mechanics are really impressing me. His two step drop, ability to read a defense and accuracy are much better than last season.

Agreed, it definitely helps that he's healthy and not recovering from injury like last year.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Pretty well executed prevent on the last drive.

Winnipeg defense was less horrible than I'm used to from them. It's a good thing Bowman and Walker are simply unstoppable or we very well could have lost this one.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
So noting to worry about, no need for all the negativity in first half. Esks get better as the game goes on. Get used to it.

Not sure what all this angst is about in game 3 anyway. Nothing that happens before September even matters in the CFL. ever.

Its what the team plays like in the fall. Its the only thing.

Another great game by Reilly.

Only reason this was close is Esks specials were awful. Every return negated by penalties, allowed a TD return, missed a FG, almost got a couple punts blocked.

Special teams are trying to hand games away this year.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Some comments on the game and telecast.

Way too many flags but at least officiating was not too terribly one sided tonight. We seem to get shafted every week but not as looming a part of the game today.

Game play time. Man this is ridiculous. Regulation time games now routinely going Way over 3hrs. Due to a combination of flags, reviews but mostly an enormous increase in amount of commercials shown.

Theres basically 30more minutes per telecast in commercials in a game. Add the on field advertising, in the stand advertising, Stadium naming rates and everything and it never stops. Are games going to be 4hrs soon so they can show 3hrs of commercials? Its flat our ridiculous. I'm just going to be PVRing the games.

Finally, commercials even radically impacting coverage of the game. On one sequence Esks return the ball to Bombers 45. Then telecast returns and sara Orlesky is talking for 2mins while play resumes, somehow, with the Esks on their own 30yd line...with no mention of it, at all, or what the eSks are doing in their own end, until the fumble, that TSN was not even paying attention to....

on another sequence they keep saying its Esks 3rd down when it was 2nd down. I had to rewind to make sure I wasn't out to lunch.

Just amateur hour telecast on TSN.

What an absolute cluster**** broadcast.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So noting to worry about, no need for all the negativity in first half. Esks get better as the game goes on. Get used to it.

Not sure what all this angst is about in game 3 anyway. Nothing that happens before September even matters in the CFL. ever.

Its what the team plays like in the fall. Its the only thing.

Another great game by Reilly.

Only reason this was close is Esks specials were awful. Every return negated by penalties, allowed a TD return, missed a FG, almost got a couple punts blocked.

Special teams are trying to hand games away this year.

There was one Doe return where he literally only went forward like 5 yards and the Esks STILL got a penalty on the return. :laugh:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
There was one Doe return where he literally only went forward like 5 yards and the Esks STILL got a penalty on the return. :laugh:

Yep, the special teams were a clown show today, again, with the Exception of Doe who did a very good job but unfortunately was negated by penalties on nearly every return.

Man, another thing is if the Esks don't take penalties on two other Reilly long completions the guy finishes with around 550 passing yds today. Exceptional night by the offense. The only unit that showed up for the game.

in anycase this Maas-Reilly offence is a lot of fun like I knew it would be. That said White was hot garbage today. He tackled himself on 3-4 carries....just awful game by him plus the fumble. The offense would have done more with White not even on the field in this game.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
agreed the game was way too long. game should be 2.5-3 hours MAX. interesting point about the commericals, never paid attention they were longer

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I find it odd that Bowman never managed to catch on with an NFL team. I know he had issues with focus and consistency early in his career but by year 2 with the Esks he was really good.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
agreed the game was way too long. game should be 2.5-3 hours MAX. interesting point about the commericals, never paid attention they were longer

A number of years ago the CFL were cutting game lengths to 2.5hr range in response to fan requests that the games be of reasonable duration. This has completely gone out the window as its open season on advertising.

It used to be unheard of for instance to brings commercials before and after a two and out. Now it happens nearly every time. So that you get 5 commercials, 2 plays, a punt, 5 more commercials. So many times where you get maybe get one minute of action and 10mins of commercials. They think nobody notices.

At the game its even worse. In the Fall its drag having endless 5minute commercial time outs when its cold out.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I find it odd that Bowman never managed to catch on with an NFL team. I know he had issues with focus and consistency early in his career but by year 2 with the Esks he was really good.

Now he's considered too old which is fine by me. Two on one coverage and he makes it look easy. Gold.

This guy is beyond this league and has been for years and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad