Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread: 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Settle down. The defence is what carries this team. They won inspite of Rielly as much as because of him.

Reilly is the straw that stirs the drink. there is a noticeable difference in the way the team plays with Reilly playing. he's a guy that makes people believe in "intangibles"

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I like locking Reilly up, and i do think that Maas will up his productivity a fair bit but as of now he's a pretty middle of the road QB. Reilly does do the kind of things, like managing the game and making big plays, that makes him a very valuable player and a winner, more so than his stats would indicate, but he's shouldn't be the top paird QB in the league. I'm willing to consider the idea that the offensive schemes were holding him back a bit but i just think it's a little extreme that he's making more than guys with MOP wins.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Settle down. The defence is what carries this team. They won inspite of Rielly as much as because of him.

That's kind of silly. The team dominated upon his return. He was clutch in late-game situations. The O-line was a mess for much of the year. Would you say any one defender was more valuable to the team than Reilly? Perhaps you'd prefer Nichols? :laugh: j/k

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Riders are looking at Toronto and Edmonton regarding trading the first-overall draft choice. The price is high.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Word is the asking price two draft choices, a starting import defensive player and another asset - either a player or another draft choice. Reportedly, Toronto has a similar offer but their two draft choices are four spots higher than our two. Both Toronto and Edmonton are eying an O-lineman in a draft where linemen look to dominate the first round.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So Maurice Price, that guy that Jones traded for and signed to an extension earlier this year, retired today.

I suspect Jones will find being a GM a lot more challenging than just being the HC. I could see him crashing and burning and going back to coaching only in a few years.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
So Maurice Price, that guy that Jones traded for and signed to an extension earlier this year, retired today.

I suspect Jones will find being a GM a lot more challenging than just being the HC. I could see him crashing and burning and going back to coaching only in a few years.

Haha. Read the Riders Forum. All of them are complaining and want the pick back since he didn't play a 'down' at all. Cry me a river. That's how life goes. Could be maybe Saskatchewan is looking for a trade with their 1st overall. Hoping for some offensive help as well as defensive help.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Three years is quite long is it not?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Did this seriously happen? That's SO hilarious it's hard to quantify.

Edit: The only thing that could make it better is if he got a signing bonus (which he doesn't have to give back) for signing the extension.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Word is the asking price two draft choices, a starting import defensive player and another asset - either a player or another draft choice. Reportedly, Toronto has a similar offer but their two draft choices are four spots higher than our two. Both Toronto and Edmonton are eying an O-lineman in a draft where linemen look to dominate the first round.

Let them keep the pick then. I don't want to give them a starting D player at all.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

Ha Ha Ha!!! :laugh:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Until they forget the rules as has been the issue with players in the past.

They are largely going to be relegated to being side and field judges in regards to cross officiating. It's a smart move, it increases competition, allows for better training, and for more reps to be given to officials from both leagues. NFL cast offs and upcoming officials along with the CFL's best established guys is going to lead to much better officiating. It's been a massive issue for a long time and with refs who have NFL aspirations now being able to ref up here as a viable path to an NFL career we should be better for it. They increased the talent pool for officials by over 1000 percent considering the population differences alone, nevermind the fact that football is far more supported in the US too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad