Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread: 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Anyone have an opinion about Jimmy Gaines, Miami MLB?
He has great size, started a lot of games at Miami and put up pretty good numbers. I can't specifically remember watching him play but if he has the speed to drop into coverage on the CFL field, he'd be a guy I'd look at. We definitely need some options at linebacker with Foster and McCoil both gone and with Lacy as somewhat of a question mark at this point.

I take it we're looking at him or have signed him to a camp invite?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
He has great size, started a lot of games at Miami and put up pretty good numbers. I can't specifically remember watching him play but if he has the speed to drop into coverage on the CFL field, he'd be a guy I'd look at. We definitely need some options at linebacker with Foster and McCoil both gone and with Lacy as somewhat of a question mark at this point.

I take it we're looking at him or have signed him to a camp invite?

He's signed. Not announced yet. They hope he can push J.C.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Awesome news about Reilly! love that dude :yo:

In honor of Game of Thrones premiering tonight, the Ti-Cats twitter did a cool cfl version remake of their opening. Well done imo :handclap:

Edmonton-Banner-0-00-06-08.jpg

lets go Eskimos!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Opinions on Markus Pierce Brewster (D-lineman, Titans) and Steven Baker (O-lineman, Giants). I think that Baker has the best chance of making the team but I know nothing about NFL players not named Aaron Rodgers. :)

esks123

May 27, 2011
Opinions on Markus Pierce Brewster (D-lineman, Titans) and Steven Baker (O-lineman, Giants). I think that Baker has the best chance of making the team but I know nothing about NFL players not named Aaron Rodgers. :)

That o lineman is huge. Who is the QB that you mentioned we were supposed to sign a few weeks ago?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Thomas DeMarco....I misread his origin on a list I have. There are a few others signed but not announced yet.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

The signing of Steven Baker (I don't know if it's announced yet) has prompted the Esks to trade Thaddeus Coleman to the Riders (trade announced this morning). They see Baker as a better, more athletic lineman than Coleman. More linemen will be announced as camp approaches. Some are signed and awaiting announcements.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The signing of Steven Baker (I don't know if it's announced yet) has prompted the Esks to trade Thaddeus Coleman to the Riders (trade announced this morning). They see Baker as a better, more athletic lineman than Coleman. More linemen will be announced as camp approaches. Some are signed and awaiting announcements.

Giving Jonesy our sloppy seconds I see? :laugh:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

http://www.esks.com/2016/05/02/esks-sign-ol-figueroa/

There's one. 6'6 320 pound guy. Big!

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Giving Jonesy our sloppy seconds I see? :laugh:

I suppose that's one way to look at it. The other is that Maas et al think they've found someone better in Baker, and there could be another one or two better coming to camp.

And, yes ^ he is a big boy. I'm friends with one of the O-linemen and at 6-6 some of those guys dwarf him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Another player Jones acquired in a trade earlier this year just retired. Campbell or some such.

I must admit it is starting to get a little comical now. :laugh:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Another player Jones acquired in a trade earlier this year just retired. Campbell or some such.

I must admit it is starting to get a little comical now. :laugh:
Bruce Campbell. And hours later Tearrius George became the third Rider to retire in the past few weeks.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Gross profit is strictly sales minus the cost of goods sold.

Net profit is all revenues minus all expenses including the cost of goods sold, the cost of selling (ie permit fees, licences etc), general & administrative expenses.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
sounds like there has been no increase in season ticket sales despite winning the championship.

renewal rates same as last year at 89%.

Rhodes to do more in stadium entertainment directed towards the 20-30 year old age group.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Esks make $1.57 million in profit last year.

How does this compare to other across the league or is most of that confidential?
sounds like there has been no increase in season ticket sales despite winning the championship.

renewal rates same as last year at 89%.

Rhodes to do more in stadium entertainment directed towards the 20-30 year old age group.

He was on Gregor's show months back he said they have to continue targeting the younger crowds as well as new Canadians. There was also a lot of talk how the CFL as a whole needs to target new Canadians as well as look at gambling as a way to draw people in. They know damn well that the NFL has a lot of people watching games simply because of money or even bragging rights.

I just don't know how you actually get fantasy football in such a small league. Targetting new Canadians will be interesting as well, but doable.

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
Bombers says they made 4.4 million last year but it's still unclear if that was before the Grey Cup or after

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Bombers says they made 4.4 million last year but it's still unclear if that was before the Grey Cup or after

On Wednesday, the Winnipeg Football Club released its 2015 Annual Report and announced an overall operating profit of $4.4 million, which is up from 2014.

The Bombers though had to dip into its savings for $100,000 to help cover its second loan payment of $4.5 million on Investors Group Field (IGF). The $210-million stadium opened in 2013.

Earlier this week, the Club announced a profit from hosting the 103rd Grey Cup game. The team made $7.1 million, more than double the profits from the last time the game was hosted in Winnipeg in 2006. The Bombers also paid $1.5 million of these profits to Triple B Stadium Inc. for funding stadium improvements to IGF.
http://globalnews.ca/news/2635445/winnipeg-blue-bombers-end-regular-season-in-the-red/

Esks had a net profit of $1.57 million.

Operating Profit = Gross Profit – Total operating expenses
Net income (or Net profit) = Operating Profit – taxes – interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes