Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Part 4: Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
What one judgement have I made?

I merely stated people are missing out if they are not attending to watch this team because of what happened in the Macciocia era.

So how am I judging anybody?

Just saying come out and enjoy this currently great team.

Don't search hard for a negative in what I stated because its not there.

I'm judging you for misspelling Maciocia.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
What one judgement have I made?

I merely stated people are missing out if they are not attending to watch this team because of what happened in the Macciocia era.

So how am I judging anybody?

Just saying come out and enjoy this currently great team.

Don't search hard for a negative in what I stated because its not there.

You, negative?:sarcasm::laugh: Let the fans decide if they're "missing out" on anything.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Oh, I meant the post, not my general Oilers related disposition.

I'm fairly sunny when it comes to the Esks.

lol Argos are out, Argos are out.. good times. :D
It was kind of fun seeing all the Argos sitting in that bar in Toronto watching the game today and seeing the disappointed looks on their faces every time the Allouettes screwed up a play. I didn't notice he who isn't supposed to be named sitting with them though.:)

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Yeah I was a Crompton fan as well, have never been a fan of Nichols. If Reilly isn't playing in the playoffs, the Esks are in big trouble.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Have only been able to catch brief glimpses of the game. Am I to understand that Pat White is injured? That would suck.

So did we totally loaf it out there? I would hate to hear that we got embarrassed by Kerry freaking Joseph if we indeed put in any sort of effort.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Pat White did get injured.

Esks defense couldn't stop the run in the first half. Offense has done nothing all game because Nichols just flat out sucks ass.

So if Reilly can't go on Sunday we have no QBs. Nicholls looked terrible from what I was able to see. Which we already knew.

Too bad Lawrence forgot his brain on the sidelines, we probably could have pulled this one out.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Funny watching Saskatchewan treat this as a playoff game.

Yeah.

btw what is this drunk bowl?

Got the surround sound and I don't know that I've heard drunker fans hollering slurring chants like this.

jebus hope none of these fools are driving home.

DeeeeeFFFFrrrrreeennnerenceee..

Holy crap. Get the breathalyzers out.

Lol, barely beat us with our starting QB out, MOP Reciever out and current Best RB in the league out.

Esks were just preparing for next week in that 2nd half and getting everything tuned up right.

Without break in the game the Riders would've lost this one at home.

Esks are going to kick some Riders ass next week.

Eberle better not be there wearing Riders gear in a playoff game. :p:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Pat White did get injured.

Esks defense couldn't stop the run in the first half. Offense has done nothing all game because Nichols just flat out sucks ass.

Well, theres no way they couldn't stop the run. They can stop the run anytime they need to.

Not only did they stop the run in 2nd half riders had negative yds.

You heard Sewell at the half state matter of fact that the Riders won't be able to run the ball in the 2nd half. Tells you everything you need to know.

Gotta lol at the timeclock in Sask as well. Fastest time clock I've ever seen in the waning minutes but particularly late. Esks call a time out with 1:16 left. Not only do secs tick off AFTER the T.O. but on the ensuing punt they tick off another 12 secs. Lmfao. Usually a punt and a quick down is around 5secs. Esks got jobbed something like a dozen secs off the clock right there.

Should I mention the offensive interference on the Riders TD?

Roughing the passer on White which would have sustained the drive? How the **** is that not called 2X helmet on helmet AND late hit?

Or should've been no yds infraction on the Lawrence fumble. No way was that 5yds from where Lawrence sprung forward and touched the ball.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Kinda feel like they're gearing us up for disappointment. I'd rather face the Lions...

Riders are a much easier opponent. Leos have been playing better ball than Riders have in last half dozen GP.

Plus the Riders are completely different team on the road. They're not nearly this aggressive at Commonwealth where we've kicked their ass from start to finish.

Also these are the scorelines at Commonwealth in last couple months;

Esks 33 Als 16
Esks 24 Riders 0
Esks 41 Bombers 9
Esks 37 Leos 3

Collective score at Commonwealth over last 4GP;

Esks 135 Baby Seals 28

Works out to average scoreline of;

34 -7

Complete and utter annihilation.

Which will continue next week. Esks will win next week. Not to worry.

Last edited:

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Riders are a much easier opponent. Leos have been playing better ball than Riders have in last half dozen GP.

Plus the Riders are completely different team on the road. They're not nearly this aggressive at Commonwealth where we've kicked their ass from start to finish.

Also these are the scorelines at Commonwealth in last couple months;

Esks 33 Als 16
Esks 24 Riders 0
Esks 41 Bombers 9
Esks 37 Leos 3

Collective score at Commonwealth over last 4GP;

Esks 135 Baby Seals 28

Works out to average scoreline of;

34 -7

Complete and utter annihilation.

Which will continue next week. Esks will win next week. Not to worry.

The Eskimos are neutered with Nichols as QB. I've gotta say, I'm pretty worried right now. Having Reilly in while the game is 30-3 might've been a season crushing decision.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Kinda feel like they're gearing us up for disappointment. I'd rather face the Lions...

I'll take the Riders, thanks. Especially after this game. The Esks have something to prove. If Reilly is healthy we should win handily.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I was shocked we let cromptons rocket arm go

On the bright side, hes doing well, and it's nice that half the league isn't awful with collaros coming back and Crompton doing well

Anyways

Do we really get to face Sunseri or Joseph in the west semi-final?

Wow. God is gooooooooooooood

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
My theory only. I'm trying to find out but the Esks are tight lipped on Reilly. I think he has a broken foot but plays this weekend. We'll know more as the week progresses. If he doesn't play we're in trouble. I don't see us winning with either Nichols or White. If Reilly is healthy we'll win handily.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
My theory only. I'm trying to find out but the Esks are tight lipped on Reilly. I think he has a broken foot but plays this weekend. We'll know more as the week progresses. If he doesn't play we're in trouble. I don't see us winning with either Nichols or White. If Reilly is healthy we'll win handily.
This is pretty much how I see it too. A healthy Reilly and this game is over early. If he can't go then anything can happen. The weather could end up playing a factor too and I'd feel even more uneasy with Nichols in that against a veteran like Joseph.

Ultimately what this game is going to come down to is if the Eskimos can shut down the Riders running game. If they can then I can't see the Riders being able to do much of anything. If they can't then the Riders stay in the game and the questions of Reilly's health could end up being a factor in the game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Only saw bits and pieces of the game, thank God, but from my vantage point, it looks like they should have just saved the airfare and mailed in the two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad