Elks: Edmonton Elks: New name and logos. POLL

Edmonton ELks: Do you like new name for the team? Which is your favorite logo? Pick one of each.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Would like people's input here. Please, I don't want a debate on the former name. How do you feel about the name and the new logos? . I know it's a hockey forum but it's an important change to Edmonton sports. Vote on the name and logo.
edmonton_elks_logo_primary_dark_2021_sportslogosnet-6243.png
edmonton_elks_logo_alternate_2021_sportslogosnet-6662.png
edmonton_elks_logo_alternate_2021_sportslogosnet-3132.png

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not sure I like the name, but not for the reasons that you might think.

It's way too easy to come up with headlines for the opposing team:

"Lions go hunting for Elk"

"Endangered Species? Elk eliminated from playoff contention"

"Animal Crossing: Stampeders trample over Elk"

etc. etc.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Not sure I like the name, but not for the reasons that you might think.

It's way too easy to come up with headlines for the opposing team:

"Lions go hunting for Elk"

"Endangered Species? Elk eliminated from playoff contention"

"Animal Crossing: Stampeders trample over Elk"

etc. etc.
Would any of those things happen to an Elk? Perhaps I have the wrong impression of Elk... I thought they where less of a prey animal than most types of deer.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Would any of those things happen to an Elk? Perhaps I have the wrong impression of Elk... I thought they where less of a prey animal than most types of deer.
I was posting with my cynical HF poster hat on, but I guess if I put my amateur zoologist hat on, theoretically Lions are supposed to be the kings of the animal kingdom? And when we finally discover the C. Stampeder species maybe their primary mode of hunting is trampling their prey to death?

Hard to say really. :sarcasm:

Reactions: oilers'72

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I was posting with my cynical HF poster hat on, but I guess if I put my amateur zoologist hat on, theoretically Lions are supposed to be the kings of the animal kingdom? And when we finally discover the C. Stampeder species maybe their primary mode of hunting is trampling their prey to death?

Hard to say really. :sarcasm:

Lions and elk live on completely separate continents, thus your opinion is null and void.

:sarcasm:

I'm actually pretty surprised with how well the logos turned out.

Reactions: bone and Cloned

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Went to a rugby tournament 7 years ago in salt lake. All the bars had cfl games on and the most popular was the Eskimo’s. Quite enjoyable watching down there.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Poll: Day 1 of 7 results

Name:
OK , Like IT, Love IT = 39 votes
Dislike it, Hate it= 23 votes

Logos:
New Primary Logo = 14 votes
New Alternate Antler Football Logo= 12 votes
New EE logo = 7 votes

*Please remember to vote once for the name and once for the logo*

Will update poll tomorrow evening. Thanks to everyone here for voting. Let's keep them coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I like the name, but the logos are a disappointment. They had a chance to really rebrand to something neat and they went so damn plain.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Like the name and no opinion on the EE. Seems to be some haters for the new logo but idk if that's residual angst over having to go through the process? Or people actually think it sucks?

Primary and secondary logos are sick, really well done. Secondary is nice how they incorporated it to look like a football. Primary is interesting, the flat head angled up gives it more of a totem feel, seems like it has some aboriginal influences.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Logos cool. Name does not sound right at all even if you want to pretend the proper saying is elkS. I'm wondering if "elks" was even an option on that EE Football Team poll. I thought the option was "elk"

Reactions: dss97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad