Proposal: Edmonton and Buffalo

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There is so much more to playing center than face offs. He takes the face off then moves to the wing position so he has none of the responsibilities of a center, until he does he is a winger.
If you ever watch them play they would alternate and kind of share the responsibilities.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Interesting offer. I dont think EDM would ever consider this. Unless Buffalo added

It would have to be a multi player deal.
Drai + Player for ROR + player
Edmonton downgrades @ center and upgrades at another position.
Buffalo upgrades at center and downgrades at another position.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Edmonton could really use a 2c but the oilers can't trade their best winger to do it. Plus drai and McD are awesome together

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
ROR is a really good player. But I cant think of a single reason to trade Drai for him. So thats a big fat no from me

Feb 24, 2017
Yeah. This one isn’t close. Don’t you people ever get tired of trying to convince everyone that Leon Draisaitle can do anything without his mcsecurity blanky?

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Lots of HF logic in this thread with people saying Drai is worth much more than ROR. By that I mean that on these boards points mean everything and nothing else matters. If you have two players and one puts up 75 points but is a pure offensive player and is a -35 in plus minus that player on HF will hold more value than a two way player who does all things well but only put up 60 points and was a +25.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Lots of HF logic in this thread with people saying Drai is worth much more than ROR. By that I mean that on these boards points mean everything and nothing else matters. If you have two players and one puts up 75 points but is a pure offensive player and is a -35 in plus minus that player on HF will hold more value than a two way player who does all things well but only put up 60 points and was a +25.
Neither player is a -35, it's not like ROR is miles ahead of Draisaitl defensively and it's an easy no for me. Draisaitl is better offensively, is good friends and already has chemistry with McDavid.

It's the HF way mention stats without actually looking at stats and having a biast opinion

Last edited:

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Neither player is a -35, it's not like ROR is miles ahead of Draisaitl defensively and it's an easy no for me. Draisaitl is better offensively, is good friends and already has chemistry with McDavid
Yes O'Reilly is miles ahead of Draisaitl defensively. With that said I'm sure Edmonton prefers Draisaitl given age and offensive production.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
It would have to be a multi player deal.
Drai + Player for ROR + player
Edmonton downgrades @ center and upgrades at another position.
Buffalo upgrades at center and downgrades at another position.

How does Edmonton downgrade at center? Drai hasn't been playing center. I like Drai but centering your own line is a lot different than playing on Mcdavids wing. When he centers his own line, I think there point totals will be very comparable.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
Would be a fair trade that could bite the oilers in the ass. We don't yet know if Drai can be a center that drives his own line consistently. But if he can put up slightly reduced numbers to his gift time with Connor it's a slam dunk.

Oilers have far more pressing needs though like the 10 million in boat anchor salary of Russell and Lucic.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Well by your logic Draisaitl's +7 last season makes him the better defensive player over O'Reilly at -1 :laugh:

How does Edmonton downgrade at center? Drai hasn't been playing center. I like Drai but centering your own line is a lot different than playing on Mcdavids wing. When he centers his own line, I think there point totals will be very comparable.
It could be argued that Draisaitl is the centre on his line. The game day line ups don't tell the whole story and if you actually ever watch an Oilers game you would see that

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
I don't do this as a Sabres fan because I really like ROR but the value is pretty fair. I agree that Draisaitl has more value than ROR but I'd rather have ROR on my team right now than Draisaitl.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Well by your logic Draisaitl's +7 last season makes him the better defensive player over O'Reilly at -1 :laugh:

It could be argued that Draisaitl is the centre on his line. The game day line ups don't tell the whole story and if you actually ever watch an Oilers game you would see that
Holy god, look at one guys linemates compared to the other. That laughing emoji is a reflection of what you just wrote.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
At this point one guys is pretty much playing at his peek, the other is still reaching his peek and is already proven he can be top 10 in scoring. I can't see a good reason for the Oilers to do this.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Hall / Larsson 2.0? Oilers become less spectacular but ultimately both teams win? Odd premise for a trade, can't see it ever happening.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I think ROR might be a better fit and maybe a better all-around player, but the Oilers would be getting the 26-31 years of ROR vs the 21-29 years of Draisaitl. No way the Oilers do this unless getting a significant add from Buffalo.

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
From a Sabres perspective, I think the value is somewhere close, but RoR is quickly rebounding from his disastrous start. Pump the breaks on the panic button - we're in good shape with RoR, the Oil is fine with Drai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad