Proposal: Edmonton and Buffalo

Mar 26, 2010
ROR is a beast, one of the best C in the NHL.

Would be a fair deal.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
There was no discussion about value. ROR is a better center than Draisaitl and this is embarrassing.

Heretic

May 25, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
He improved. A lot of players do.
not our Sam, he's still slow.

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. i love o'reilly but getting Leon frees us up to hopefully trade Sam Reinhart for Hanifin. Wins all around, sabres get faster, edmonton gets heavier, and Car gets a smart forward.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. i love o'reilly but getting Leon frees us up to hopefully trade Sam Reinhart for Hanifin. Wins all around, sabres get faster, edmonton gets heavier, and Car gets a smart forward.
Sam is by no means slow, idk what you're watching. And your sequence doesn't make us a better team so I don't see the point at all.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

Drai’s “heavier” than ROR

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Very different players. Drai will always be the better dynamic scorer. Ror will always be head and shoulders better defensively. When the sabres click and finally ice a legit team ror will be a 65 point selke guy. Drai is gonna be a consistant 75 or 80 point guy moving forward. Salaries for all intent and purposes is a wash. Age is a catalyst.

Personally I'd rather keep ror and his defense and 10 to 20 less points and his leadership but I can see why oiler fans would also greatly favor keeping their guy who is offensively better and younger.

Reactions: 99664987

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ryan O'Reilly is a 26 year old 55-65 point centre. Leon Draisaitl at the age of 21 has already put up a 77 point season. Now, it's on him to figure out how to duplicate or come close to duplicating that kind of season on a consistent basis, but I'm willing to bet he has the ability to become a consistent 70+ point scorer in the league, even if he's playing 2C behind McDavid because they likely play on the PP together.

Ryan O'Reilly is great defensively, but Draisaitl is no slouch there, either. He's incredibly strong but also very fast. This is a deal I think the Sabres would take and run, while the Oilers would want no part of. That's not a shot at O'Reilly, who himself is a fantastic player. It's more a compliment to Draisaitl.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
I would say it’s pretty fair. Contracts are close to the same. Drai scores more, but that is offset by O’Reilly being stronger defensively as well being a good scorer. I just don’t see the point for this trade

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Drai was top 10 in scoring. It's not close really. ROR is good though.
Not that I think Edmonton should do it. But ROR is a centre and is very good defensively. And he puts up 55-60 points a season. I think it's closer then you think. As he's an all around player.

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
I hate the Oilers, but this CLEARLY favors the Sabres. Not even close in value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad