Confirmed with Link: [EDM/TOR] Oilers Acquire Brad Ross & 107th For Martin Marincin

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Never understood the love for Marincin. He was good in 2013-14 but a real disappointment last season imo.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This Marincin trade is very much in the Chiarelli mold. I liked Marincin, but he sure didn't play hard.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Everybody wanted a clean house new management running things.

Well this is what you get with new management is that they don't recognize the value of employees in the fold.

Its classic case of new chief walking in and peoples value within the org not being recognized the same.

I don't think the old people valued Marancin either.

I hate that they gave up on him. You have to assume it was an attitude issue considering all the rumours we heard about Marancin not coming into camp in shape, but man I think this is terrible.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Horrible deal. And I like what Brad Ross was.

Brad Ross has been on a nosedive since draft day and is 100% worthless. In fact, he's a negative just on account of him taking up a spot on the 50 man list.

4th round pick doesn't begin to match the quality of Marty.

There is no defending this pick unless you're a completely clueless fanboy. Any hope of the "new regime" being able to fix the defense is gone for me. Chiarelli is no better than MacT. Acquire an overrated player based on draft pedigree and reputation then quickly give away one of our few useful defensemen for nothing.

For all the fanfare, Chiarelli is proving to be no better than Tambellini or MacTavish so far.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Why was MM sat out in game six and seven of the playoffs? :dunno: Probably the last straw there. If you can't beat out the likes of David Musil and raw rookies like Nurse there is a problem there.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Everybody wanted a clean house new management running things.

Well this is what you get with new management is that they don't recognize the value of employees in the fold.

Its classic case of new chief walking in and peoples value within the org not being recognized the same.

This is a typical Lowe/Tambellini/MacTavish era trade. Get rid of the competition so your shiny new toy can be gifted a roster spot.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Never understood the love for Marincin. He was good in 2013-14 but a real disappointment last season imo.

He's probably on the same progression as Paajarvi. Looked like there should be a player there but never puts it together.

boatsNhossa

Jun 24, 2015
With Brad Ross playing over in germany does the contract count against us? They might be freeing up a spot for free agency

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They're getting (poor) value for Marty.

It was either move him now and get the assets you can or keep him and lose him through waivers after training camp. They're doing him a favour because he's got a much better chance making Toronto's starting lineup than ours.

Best of Luck Marty.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I have a feeling people will bump this thread in two years and it'll just be plain silly to see all the people that were complaining this much that we got a 4th for Marincin.

I'm glad we got anything for him at all. You don't just hold onto all the contracts you can. People never get that.

It's like when a player goes on waivers and all the fans on all the boards guarantee that the player will get picked up by their team if he makes it that far. And then the player clears waivers. Yet nobody learns.

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Marincin may do well with the Leafs, but maybe he won't. He's not a sure thing. The Oilers ****ed up royally with him--there is no arguing with this. Chiarelli basically needed either to re-sign him or move him. With Reinhart and Nurse on the way, there was simply no space for him. Unfortunately, his value was probably not as high as many imagined. So they basically gave him away for whatever they could get.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse > Reinhart > Marincin.

He wasn't making the team

ivanthebad*

Brad Ross has been on a nosedive since draft day and is 100% worthless. In fact, he's a negative just on account of him taking up a spot on the 50 man list.

4th round pick doesn't begin to match the quality of Marty.

There is no defending this pick unless you're a completely clueless fanboy. Any hope of the "new regime" being able to fix the defense is gone for me. Chiarelli is no better than MacT. Acquire an overrated player based on draft pedigree and reputation then quickly give away one of our few useful defensemen for nothing.

For all the fanfare, Chiarelli is proving to be no better than Tambellini or MacTavish so far.

Did you forget that Tambo failed to pull the trigger on Bishop and Chia just did on Talbot. But keep the informative comments coming:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad