Confirmed with Link: [EDM/TOR] Oilers Acquire Brad Ross & 107th For Martin Marincin

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Obc still alive and well. F you MacT

Last edited:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Called it last night. We'd trade Marincin for pennies today and he's a better player and prospect than Reinhart.

Brutal trade.
I don't think so. Marincin was looking to become a second Nikitin

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Christ I can't even begin with how bad this is. Anyone wanna come lecture me about how I shouldn't be disappointed, and how our management can keep making horrible deals because they kicked out with McDavid?

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
How valuable do you guys actually think Marincin is? I saw him as valuable as a late 2nd rounder imo

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I didn't mind Marincin but I think fans thought a lot more of him than anyone else. I've heard Gregor say he's asked people around the league about him and they've said he has no trade value. Apparently that's true.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Christ I can't even begin with how bad this is. Anyone wanna come lecture me about how I shouldn't be disappointed, and how our management can keep making horrible deals because they kicked out with McDavid?
This is the only horrible one we made. Talbot was a steal and the Reinhart one is 50/50

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Bad, but I'll be surprised if he ever becomes a meaningful NHLer. Still would have been great to keep around for organizational depth. Bad trade.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
How valuable do you guys actually think Marincin is? I saw him as valuable as a late 2nd rounder imo

yeah, probably that. Not a critical piece to our team by any means, but a solid Dman. This deal reeks of us just wanting him off the team. Kind of odd. Obviously no GMs shared our valuation of him.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Everybody wanted a clean house new management running things.

Well this is what you get with new management is that they don't recognize the value of employees in the fold.

Its classic case of new chief walking in and peoples value within the org not being recognized the same.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
I was just saying last night in another thread that everyone's gonna be disappointed in the upcoming Marincin trade, because his value is not even close to what we all think it is.

People will rage because they think this trade is actually for Brad Ross (a bust ECHLer) but it's actually Marincin for a 7th and a contract player to make it work. The 7th is the return.

If that's the value around the league, then that's the value around the league. One more sub-par season or demotion to the AHL and Marincin was outta here and back to Europe. His value is LOW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad