Confirmed with Link: [EDM/TBL] Sam Gagner For Teddy Purcell; Then TBL Trades Gagner to ARZ Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Oh wait, this just in. Gagners level of suck production per 60/mins is greater than our first line center this year. Inconvenient truth.

Is this performance art or something serious or am I missing a joke or a meme somewhere along the way?

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
^the first team that could buy him out....again! Gagner sucks and Purcell sucks, so would we be better off keeping the center that sucks over the winger that sucks? no because we would still have sucked this season regardless so it wouldn't have mattered!

Pretty much. The guy will be in Europe in a few years or sooner. His NHL career is almost done IMO. Flame away Gagner lovers.:laugh:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=50104 Looks pretty similar to me.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
^the first team that could buy him out....again! Gagner sucks and Purcell sucks, so would we be better off keeping the center that sucks over the winger that sucks? no because we would still have sucked this season regardless so it wouldn't have mattered!

If he was a competent center, then yes, that would have made sense.

But we were discussing moving him to the wing, because he sucked so hard at center.

And I can understand bringing up an old thread for the specific purpose of reminding someone that they said something specific, or whatnot. But starting the thread up again is just odd to me.

And Replacement... don't sit there and say that Gagner is playing better than RNH. Cause that's ridiculous. Regardless of what his pts/60 while his grandma is watching and the sun is still shining. Anyone with two eyes, I'm sure this includes you as well, knows that RNH is a better center than Gagner.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada

But we were discussing moving him to the wing, because he sucked so hard at center.

And I can understand bringing up an old thread for the specific purpose of reminding someone that they said something specific, or whatnot. But starting the thread up again is just odd to me.

And Replacement... don't sit there and say that Gagner is playing better than RNH. Cause that's ridiculous. Regardless of what his pts/60 while his grandma is watching and the sun is still shining. Anyone with two eyes, I'm sure this includes you as well, knows that RNH is a better center than Gagner.
We tried Gagner on the wing. He was horrid.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Man you guys are kings of misinterpretation. Lets go over it. Poster says this:

My point is I was staring out my office window this morning and thought "I wonder how much Gagner sucks right now", so I went and answered that question. Then I figured, because Gagner was always a polarizing figure around here, that it'd be interesting to bring everyone's attention that yes, Gagner does suck right now, but his level of suck is on par with the level of suck we're getting from the 2C the Oil have been using this season.

I could have pulled out the Acro vs Gagner discussion thread, but I figure that one deserves to stay down until the season is done. At that point we dig it back out and have a good laugh at all the people who thought Acrobello would get more points than Gagner this season.

Replacement responds with hold the phone, what do you mean Gagner sucks, actually has more pts/60mins than our topline player.

Is this performance art or something serious or am I missing a joke or a meme somewhere along the way?
um, lol just stated it in response to your "Gagner has sucked". What does a player have to do on a bad team to not suck in your opinion?

I said he had more pts/60mins and made no other such claim. I was responding reasonably to an unreasonable conclusion. just because..:D

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Man you guys are kings of misinterpretation. Lets go over it. Poster says this:

Replacement responds with hold the phone, what do you mean Gagner sucks, actually has more pts/60mins than our topline player.

um, lol just stated it in response to your "Gagner has sucked". What does a player have to do on a bad team to not suck in your opinion?

I said he had more pts/60mins and made no other such claim. I was responding reasonably to an unreasonable conclusion. just because..:D

Lol... the king of misinformation calling others the kings of misinterpretation.

You like to post things, with the sole purpose of riling people up... and it works! lol.

You are smart enough to know how to word things to make others frustrated, while still being truthful and on point. That's really what bothers me about many of your posts, Replacement.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Nuge has an 1.8 points per 60 while Gagner has a 1.4 points per 60, both at even strength according to war on ice.

I didn't specify EV pts. I stated pts/60mins. Period. People need to read the fineprint with me. :laugh:

Draekke has me figured out already. Nowhere to hide. :D

yes, RNH plays some more PK than Gagner does, but also plays much more PP than Gagner does and all told is still not doing too well in overall pts/60mins.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Lol... the king of misinformation calling others the kings of misinterpretation.

You like to post things, with the sole purpose of riling people up... and it works! lol.

You are smart enough to know how to word things to make others frustrated, while still being truthful and on point. That's really what bothers me about many of your posts, Replacement.

Cheers. No bad intent, just fun and nobody loses an eye over it.

But really in fairness any reference in name to Gagner or Arcobello is poking the big bees nest here. As many things do.

Theres 3 things that shouldn't be discussed here that are sure to rile people up from the get go. That being Politics, Religion, and Hockey, specifically Oiler hockey.

This board would argue about Panda Bears being cuter than Penguins..

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton

But really in fairness any reference in name to Gagner or Arcobello is poking the big bees nest here. As many things do.

Theres 3 things that shouldn't be discussed here that are sure to rile people up from the get go. That being Politics, Religion, and Hockey, specifically Oiler hockey.

Very true!

Plus it's always good for a protagonist to have an antagonist :sarcasm:

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Yep. That, like any small player, he needed to be put in the right situation, or he'll have a hard time succeeding. He's been solid playing on Hanzal's wing

I think this is his best hope. Cogliano landed in the perfect situation on a deep team. I think Sam is a great guy and was a real pro in terms of how he handled and continues to handle himself. I just wonder if he'll ever get into that situation. Playing on the top line with Hanzal is nice but I wonder if he wouldn't do better a bit further down the lineup on really good team. I also think he'd do better in the east.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada

Panda Bears>Penguins.

/thread

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

^you have your culprit, Seedling, so you can rest easy! :laugh: it was really just tongue in cheek that it wasn't me who revived this thread. ;)

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Gagner is meh! Lets leave the discussion there! A couple on our board maybe wants him back, a quarter of a half promille of a procent.

hey! The guy doesn't even play c anymore, he wasnt what someone thought he would be, bad for them and bad for the oilers when prospect don't live up to expectations.

Dont think sammy wants to stay in the Nhl with the coming paycut and see limited toi in another bottom team.

he will soon bolt for Switzerland, i think khl doesnt suits his game and a non western style environment.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm glad Gagner is gone. He's too slow and off inconsistent offensively and he makes too many mistakes in the d-zone and misses too many defensive coverages.

Roy is better for us. He's cheaper (Even if we resign him he'll be cheaper), he makes faster decisions, he's better at pressuring the opposition and most importantly he seems to have chemistry with Yakupov and that equates to eventually having two proper scoring lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad