Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NSH/CBJ] Mark Letestu to Columbus, Pontus Aberg to Edmonton, 4th to Nashville

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think there is a small percentage chance Aberg puts it all together. He just didn't do it this year for the Preds, and the roster is too good to wait on him to catch up. Good luck in Edmonton!

Reactions: LTIR

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I would rather have Aberg than a 4th round pick. Is he a fast player?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I thought Aberg was a bit more valuable than that. Like this trade for Columbus. I think Letestu can be a little savior if put in the right scenario

I hate this deal for Nashville, they should trade Aberg for Letestu and not sign Fisher

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Aberg's had a disappointing year considering he had 31 goals in 56 AHL games last year and looked pretty good in the playoffs too. Still remember that goal he scored in the finals.

This was the year he had to grab a spot in the lineup, but right now it looks like he's a victim of the numbers game. If it doesn't happen now, it probably won't happen for Nashville in the future. They have Tolvanen coming up etc. and getting limited minutes in the bottom 6 isn't his game.

Basically it's the same thing as with Soshnikov in Toronto. He also went for a 4th.

Good deal for Edmonton though. If there's any team out there where a guy like Aberg can get some wind behind his sails it's Edmonton.

For CBJ i guess it's okay. I don't know how much Letestu does for them though.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If Letestu was only worth a 4th, the odds of a 4th panning out (especially with my Oilers drafting) is highly unlikely. Aberg has a lot of question marks too, but I like his chances of making an impact in Edmonton more than that 4th!

Reactions: McDrai and ujju2

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Maybe Preds needs a roster spot to sign Mike Fisher?

No, they'll sign him when the roster expands.

Aberg hasn't been good at all for the Preds, that's probably why he was traded. Somehow I doubt they were too scared of Winnipeg adding Mark Letestu. I mean, it's freaking Mark Letestu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad