Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NSH/CBJ] Mark Letestu to Columbus, Pontus Aberg to Edmonton, 4th to Nashville

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Berg is pronounced Bear-e (E almost silent).
I know exactly how it’s pronounced. In North American English we don’t have the long å sound (close, though), or the rg at the end of the word. People here aren’t going to pronounce it like Swedes do because of that.

What I was saying was that the closest English pronunciation we would use would be Oberg, as in Evan.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Good luck to Aberg. He played decently as a fill-in during the Cup run. Tried him everywhere on the ice this season and nothing has worked. Hopefully some more consistent playing time in Edmonton will help him reignite his offensive spark.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thanks for the explanation.

So Edmonton was dead set on getting a prospect rather than a pick? I suppose that makes sense.

Their draft history beyond the 1st round isnt great and I guess trading for a prospect means you could possibly get a player, like Aberg, that has a better pedigree, was a 2nd round pick, but has lost some shine instead of guessing with a 3rd/4th rounder.

Edmonton was more interested in a guy that could play right away instead of waiting 4-5 years for a 4th round choice to be NHL ready if at all - that’s all. I’d move 4th rounders for guys like Aberg all day long.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Can someone tell me how Letestu is able to play tonight? Pens trade for Brassard and he STILL can't play for us. Letestu is somehow able to play for an American team coming from Canada? and has a goal I see.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Can someone tell me how Letestu is able to play tonight? Pens trade for Brassard and he STILL can't play for us. Letestu is somehow able to play for an American team coming from Canada? and has a goal I see.

I remember reading that Letestu has recently purchased a home in Columbus, so maybe that means something? IDK. I'd imagine being able to purchase real estate individually would mean you could work there too? Totally guessing. :laugh:

And good job Letestu. Scored a goal.

Reactions: 66-30-33

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I remember reading that Letestu has recently purchased a home in Columbus, so maybe that means something? IDK. I'd imagine being able to purchase real estate individually would mean you could work there too? Totally guessing. :laugh:

And good job Letestu. Scored a goal.
I guess that could be it, thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad