Confirmed with Link: [EDM/MTL] Kassian For Scrivens [Update: Recalled from AHL (01/13/16)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
At this point... Oilers are at their lowest point... I'm fine with D-baggery. Smash some faces Zach! Because Gazdic thinks he's a scorer or something...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Couldn't disagree more. Stick Chair has infinitely better foot speed, hands, hockey sense and scoring ability than Luke Gazdic. In fact, would definitely entertain the idea of Stick Chair on a 1-year, 2-way "show me" contract at this point.

Stick Chair is then traded to Montreal and immediately becomes their #3 defenceman. League opinion of Stick Chair rises.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Khaira and Kassian in the top-6 would be fun to watch... can't stand Ebs spinning, falling, and losing the puck anymore.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Khaira and Kassian in the top-6 would be fun to watch... can't stand Ebs spinning, falling, and losing the puck anymore.

yeah no doubt, it would be way better than watching ebs throw down 3 A's lol

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
yeah no doubt, it would be way better than watching ebs throw down 3 A's lol

Once every dozen games... and really... only one would I "credit" him with. We can't have Ebs and Nuge on that same line... might as well bring in Sammy Snowpants and make it a Smurf reunion!

I'm the LAST fan to advocate hitting and toughness (hitting is overrated), but I want players to be strong on the puck like Khaira and Draisaitl. You sneeze and Eberle gives up the puck.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

How do you feel about him being the only forward on the team to consistently be productive for the last nine games? And that he has 18 points in his last 18 games.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers · 1m1 minute ago
Kassian will wear jersey number 44 with the #Oilers.

bring out your old Pronger, Souray, Niinimaa jerseys

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
Kassian needs to play top 6 and PP time. Otherwise he won't succeed or be motivated. If he has a banger physical role then the Oilers will be disappointed. He will provide it for about 1 game then he will revert back to wanting to play a skilled game.

All the best to him , just have realistic expectations. He is not gritty, tough, or physical. He has nice hands, can protect the puck and make nice passes

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers · 1m1 minute ago
Kassian will wear jersey number 44 with the #Oilers.

bring out your old Pronger, Souray, Niinimaa jerseys

Sa-weet! I have niinimaas McFarlane 3rd and took the name bar of once Pronger came over.

Time to dust it off

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Obvious recall is obvious. I couldn't believe the number of people who thought he was going to spend significant time down in the minors. This was about him getting into game shape. Not about punishment, or penance or recovery or whatever else people were advocating for.

Kassian went through his recovery process by missing 3 months of NHL hockey. Any continuing treatment can and will be done just as effectively in the NHL as it would in the AHL. Assuming he's in game shape he should be playing in the NHL.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
I personally wouldn't mind seeing these lines tomorrow:

Hall Drai Eberle
Pouliot Nuge Yakupov
Purcell Letestu Kassian
Korpi Lander Paks

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Kassian needs to play top 6 and PP time. Otherwise he won't succeed or be motivated. If he has a banger physical role then the Oilers will be disappointed. He will provide it for about 1 game then he will revert back to wanting to play a skilled game.

All the best to him , just have realistic expectations. He is not gritty, tough, or physical. He has nice hands, can protect the puck and make nice passes

I disagree entirely. Kassian should be and I'm betting will be grateful and motivated to be back in the NHL in any role.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Doulos is probably destroyed by this announcement.

I like it. Hopefully he is actually read and its not a panic move. Excited too see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad