Confirmed with Link: [EDM/MTL] Kassian For Scrivens [Update: Recalled from AHL (01/13/16)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I'm ok with this, at least it allows our goalie prospects to play more games at the AHL level. Kassian could stay at the AHL for the rest of the year, and it's still a decent move.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
All right. Expected this. Honestly we won this deal big time if there will ever be a winner. Kassian has potential and Scrivens is a joke.

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Sort of a "can't loose" deal. We didn't need Scrivens. Kassian could be usefull. If not, who cares.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Gazdic's last few games probably sealed the deal.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It feels weird to have Kassian on our team.

Such a pain to play against when he was in Vancouver, just absolute garbage of a player.

If he can sort himself out in the AHL and prove he's good enough for our team, he's worth a 4th line shot and Scrivens getting moved is great. Good move Chiarelli.

Kassian and Hall were teammates in Windsor so it's possible Hall had some input on this one.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It's probably an inconsequential deal but I like it.

The guy was on waivers recently so it's not this big coup that we got him for Scrivens.

Last edited:

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
This also explains the Oilers supposedly rescinding their loan agreement with Laurikainen. He comes back and gets Scrivens' spot in Bakersfield.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Really no lose. Scrivens was never going to play another game here. Give Kassian 1/2 dozen games in the minors to get his legs under him and then call him up if he seems ready.

And from a mtl perspective, scrivens can maybe rebound and provide some veteran goaltending while price is out. He had a good December in the ahl.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Kassian was effective last year putting up 16 points in 42 games. Huge guy and a great skater. He sort of reminds me of what Pitlick could become if everything panned out for him. Kassian, when he wants to work, works his ass off. Like someone mentioned earlier, you can tell he is a pain to play against. He'll look to headhunt, cheapshot etc when he needs to or someone tells him to. Great speed for a big guy and some soft hands too.

If Chiarelli and Mclellan can convince him to use his body and lay people out more often, this could be a real special player for us.

Honestly he could play with McDavid and Pouliot, he could play with RNH and Eberle, he could play with Hall and Draisaitl, or he could play with Hendricks and Letestu. He's a very versatile player when he's on his game.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
So, since he was just waived and cleared does he need to be waived again to be sent to Bakersfield? Or does the previous waiver still count?

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
Solid. But we need more trades. The loss last night pissed me off. Get tougher and better D

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I just want to imagine Chiarelli standing firm.

"No Marc, we will not retain 25% of Scrivens' contract"

haha.

This is... a sort of whatever trade for me.

I've never liked the guy, but then, he's never been on a team I like, so there's that.

Maybe he turns it around in the AHL and eventually makes the team. Size is good. I don't know, man.

On the plus side losing Scrivens is nothing. so it's all good.

Wish him the best of luck, too.

dd91

May 13, 2012
Very happy with the move. We lose absolutely nothing and I hope Kassian understands that this is his last chance and does something about it. I'm seriously fed up watching our butter soft squad get pushed around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad