Confirmed with Link: [EDM/MTL] Kassian For Scrivens [Update: Recalled from AHL (01/13/16)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfPucks

Jan 4, 2016
I disagree entirely. Kassian should be and I'm betting will be grateful and motivated to be back in the NHL in any role.

You can put a lipstick on a pig all you want but at the end of the day Kassian has never been a banger, grinder, physical present. That's what's frustrating about him. He has the physical mold but very rarely or consistently uses it.

If you want him to succeed he needs top 6 role of he will be waived by All Star break when McD, Yak etc comes back.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Probably wants to inject the lineup with someone who's grateful and driven.

^true dis! so much talent on this team and so little results. even if our defense still sucks, they should be able to play reasonably effective within the system a competent coach and his competent assistants, but no....this team has to revert back to the suck we have seen for the previous 5 years. injuries? sure, but a good team will find ways to win a bit more even with the absence of key players. this team finds creative ways to lose.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Once every dozen games... and really... only one would I "credit" him with. We can't have Ebs and Nuge on that same line... might as well bring in Sammy Snowpants and make it a Smurf reunion!

I'm the LAST fan to advocate hitting and toughness (hitting is overrated), but I want players to be strong on the puck like Khaira and Draisaitl. You sneeze and Eberle gives up the puck.

Quick, excuse pun, somebody tell the LA Kings. Those two SC Wins and dominant playoffs is pure fiction. Give those Cups back, hitting and the best mean forecheck in hockey doesn't mean a thing.:sarcasm:

The bolded is so typical of advanced stats generated nonsense. Somebody voices a theorem that hitting is a by product of not having the puck and being a poor possession team and then backed up by specious stats that mean very little then its established *fact* that hitting is actually bad... lmfao

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Quick, excuse pun, somebody tell the LA Kings. Those two SC Wins and dominant playoffs is pure fiction. Give those Cups back, hitting and the best mean forecheck in hockey doesn't mean a thing.:sarcasm:

The bolded is so typical of advanced stats generated nonsense. Somebody voices a theorem that hitting is a by product of not having the puck and being a poor possession team and then backed up by specious stats that mean very little then its established *fact* that hitting is actually bad... lmfao

To be fair, the Hawks have won 3 cups and I saw a thread last month that they haven't outhit an opponent in 180+ games. Which probably shows that there's no one way to win. You need elite players at key positions and need to play strong system play. What that system is... seems debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad