Confirmed with Link: [EDM/LAK] Oilers trade Jussi Jokinen to LA for Mike Cammalleri

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just took a look, but Jussi's stats look very poor in LA. 3 points, less than a minute per game on PK.

Any chance he just retires to play in the Olympics?

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I was certainly expecting more from JJ, but to be fair I don't know if he was that different from the likes of Caggiula, Strome, Slepy, Malone, Kassian and Letestu. The whole bottom6 was creating nothing at that time.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
How different the current bottom 6 now looks.
JJ Drai Strome
Slepy Letestu Kassian

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Funny how JJ got a few points early in the trade and people were saying it was another gaff trade. Cammalleri's defensive woes were blown out of proportion I think he looks okay in that department, and Nuge helps with the sore spots anyway.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Funny how JJ got a few points early in the trade and people were saying it was another gaff trade. Cammalleri's defensive woes were blown out of proportion I think he looks okay in that department, and Nuge helps with the sore spots anyway.
Maybe, he won't be relied on to be a defensive stalwart, he just has to be decent and then he can succeed in other areas.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Maybe, he won't be relied on to be a defensive stalwart, he just has to be decent and then he can succeed in other areas.

Agreed, whatever he brings defensively isn't the key point with Cam, he shoots and puts pucks on the net, which is what this team sorely needed. JJ did almost nothing here and it seems that it continues in LA.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Agreed, whatever he brings defensively isn't the key point with Cam, he shoots and puts pucks on the net, which is what this team sorely needed. JJ did almost nothing here and it seems that it continues in LA.
JJ's issue is his skating is very slow at this point. It's hard to contribute when you can't get there.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
JJ's issue is his skating is very slow at this point. It's hard to contribute when you can't get there.

Jussi's skating wasn't any better, though, and at least Cammy has been a better proven scorer in his career. He and JP should be getting much more looks on the 1st unit PP over Letestu, but that's not going to happen it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad