Confirmed with Link: [EDM/LAK] Oilers trade Jussi Jokinen to LA for Mike Cammalleri

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Looking like a good trade for us so far. One period and I've already noticed Cammy more than Jokinen in his entire time here, no disrespect to Jussi.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Looking like trash for trash trade after the first game. Cammalleri is useless when he is not scoring and by the looks of it, he will not be scoring much.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
How is your contributor looking now?
Has looked fine tbh, certainly better than Jokinen looked here. It was a minor deal so it really shouldn't have been a home-run expected return. Needs to shoot a little more, but overall looks like a decent add if played in a 2nd PP 3rd/4th line role.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I'm not critisizing the trade, I understand something had to be done and this was a pretty safe place to do it. However, when you compare the two players it's good to remember there probably is a difference in their defensive plays. Cammalieri is -3 in the Oilers while Jokinen is +1, which is a pretty big difference for the amount of games.

However, as the sample size is so small and there are other factors that play a role in these stats it's better not to draw huge conclusions yet. In 20 games or so we'll know a bit more.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
How is your contributor looking now?

203eb8.jpg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He isnt.

Puljujarvi is playing games where he can be more easily sheltered. I dont see what the issue is.
You have to understand around here.

When we rush prospects its our fault
When we bring them along slowly its our fault.

Some people think the oilers never make the right decision.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
People should remember that he was traded for Jussi Jokinen, who did absolutely nothing here. He's 0.5 PPG, seems like a good locker room guy, and still looks like he has his hockey sense/patience intact

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Always been a very cerebral player. Skating is meh to begin with, so losing a step isn't as big a deal as it would be for someone how totally depended on it. His pass to Nuge on the PP, where he faked out the entire Bluejacket team, including Bobo, was a thing of beauty and Nuge accepted the gift with aplomb and vigour. Night and day to what Jokenin brought to this team. Mind it, it isn't that hard to beat nothing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Beauty PP feed to Nuge tonight, he looked a bit swifter by my eye as well. He seems to be finding a niche on the team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Beauty PP feed to Nuge tonight, he looked a bit swifter by my eye as well. He seems to be finding a niche on the team.

I agree.
The real beautiful part of the play IMO was the fake shot with the leg lift. That completely froze the goalie and the defenders...gave RNH an open net goal.

Very smart vet play by Cammy.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
People should remember that he was traded for Jussi Jokinen, who did absolutely nothing here. He's 0.5 PPG, seems like a good locker room guy, and still looks like he has his hockey sense/patience intact
That and he is 35. I mean if the guy was a 60 point guy you wouldn't get him for Jokinen and LA wouldn't have gotten him for 1mil. Guys like him have played their best hockey, but on a team who was lacking some winger depth he could still add some on ice advantage at times.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I was pretty meh about this trade when it first happened. I was thinking sideways move at best.
He has proven to be a better fit than I thought, so quite happy to be wrong on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad