Waived: [EDM] F Sam Gagner waived by the Oilers (cleared)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Gagner with 10 pts in 27 games goes and Connor Brown with 5 pts in 51 games stays.
Does Brown have dirty pictures of Holland?

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I don't think anyone is going to claim Sam.
It seemed like he was damn near retirement. Didn't the Oilers want to give him a hockey ops job?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think anyone is going to claim Sam.
It seemed like he was damn near retirement. Didn't the Oilers want to give him a hockey ops job?
Think it was kind of suggested that he could've ended up in some sort of role even this season, if his hip didn't allow him to play in the NHL this year.

Seemed like he was on board going to the AHL and would be given a shot in the NHL and if it didn't work out they'd find something for him.

Is msdavid like buffalo man eichel calling the shots
If you are alluding to Brown there is more to it than Brown's zero goals. Brown is a main penalty killer for the club, while Gagner doesn't really play any special teams.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Gagner with 10 pts in 27 games goes and Connor Brown with 5 pts in 51 games stays.
Does Brown have dirty pictures of Holland.
Getting rid of Brown would make McJesus SAID and that is not allowed. Some are speculating this is a precursor to a trade. I do not think so

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Has anyone in this thread mentioned Connor Brown yet?
I don't know.. but I came here to mention mr Brown and his brownout

Gagner sucks anyways, no one will claim (please noone claim my little Sammy Snowpants.. He is awesome)

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Does Brown have dirty pictures of Holland.

Brown is likely paying Ken Hollands mortgage or something. How he manages to stay on the roster is beyond me.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Can he still play center? He's listed as a C and has a 60% faceoff percentage this year but apparently hasn't taken a whole lot of faceoffs the last two seasons. If he can center the Bruins could use him as a depth pickup at a low cap hit.

CaptainCaveman

Apr 12, 2021
I don't like this. The team is better with Gagner on the ice and Brown in the press box. I know Brown kills penalties but the guy needs to go. Gagner always seems to provide a jump in play, not really sure what else he has to do to keep his spot. And I really don't understand the love affair Knob has with Brown.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He probably won’t be claimed and be back with them at some point somehow. It’s usually an indication they wanna pull a move and need the space.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Don't think Brown will be around either after Holland is done loading up on Friday. Holloway likely not around either.

Gagner getting waived is a nothing move compared to whats to come.

Brown is a league min cap hit this year and the bonus hit coming next year we can’t get out of. There’s pretty much zero chance Brown is getting moved.

Holloway might be traded but his trade value when considering his current production vs decent play would be selling low on him. He might have to move for a big enough upgrade though as prospect wise we don’t have much that’s enticing if we find ourselves in a bidding war.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's not, Brown is hiding behind being a PKer and McDavid's buddy as well as Knoblach's former player in Eerie. Brown has been putrid.
That's what I thought, talk about mismanagement.

On the Flames board @Mobiandi brought up the idea of Calgary putting in a claim... it's funny I wouldn't hate it because he's always been an Oiler that was hard to dislike, and of course his Pops was a Flame... but still my first thought was "didn't Gagner and Conroy fight?"

Has a GM ever managed a player they fought in the NHL?

If everything goes right we will waive Brown too.
that would be a shame, I enjoy pointing out Markstrom has as many points as him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That's what I thought, talk about mismanagement.

On the Flames board @Mobiandi brought up the idea of Calgary putting in a claim... it's funny I wouldn't hate it because he's always been an Oiler that was hard to dislike, and of course his Pops was a Flame... but still my first thought was "didn't Gagner and Conroy fight?"

Has a GM ever managed a player they fought in the NHL?

that would be a shame, I enjoy pointing out Markstrom has as many points as him.
If we waive him you can point out how Markstrom has more points than him soon I would wager. You may be able to anyway.

As per the waiver claim, it wouldn't be the first time the Flames picked someone from us on waivers and they retired instead of going to play for them, ha ha.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As per the waiver claim, it wouldn't be the first time the Flames picked someone from us on waivers and they retired instead of going to play for them, ha ha.
who did that happen with? I'm not doubting you, just don't recall it

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Can he still play center? He's listed as a C and has a 60% faceoff percentage this year but apparently hasn't taken a whole lot of faceoffs the last two seasons. If he can center the Bruins could use him as a depth pickup at a low cap hit.

He usually found himself on Ryan or Hamblin's wing. I lean towards no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad