Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Evander Kane signs with the Oilers (1 year, prorated $2.108696M AAV)

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I only singled out Ceci because the term and AAV is a bit much for a player of his quality when the team is in a dire cap situation. Is he really a significant improvement on what Ethan Bear was providing at a much cheaper price? Because the difference in salary between Bear and Ceci buys you another forward, and for a team dressing Tyler Benson for 19 games at forward that could be a bit more helpful in my opinion.
Ceci has been worth every penny and is not the player many think he is. He's a legit 2nd pair defenseman.

Not trying to rag on Bear, but he's working his way down the lineup in Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised if Bear is #7 defenseman by the playoffs. He just isn't reliable. So it's an odd comparison for sure.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
There's a $1.25m difference between Bear and Ceci. For a hard minutes role, yes I think Ceci is well worth the difference. He's solid. It's really more like Bouchard ate up Bear's minutes and Ceci came in to play the stopper role that needed to be filled after Larsson's departure.
Oh, Cody Ceci is solid now. I didn't know, I always thought he was hot wet garbage overflowing with soiled diapers and last night's spaghetti. You would think if he were solid the Oil might not be in a death spiral, but I guess MacDavid just needs to pick it up a bit or something.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Oh, Cody Ceci is solid now. I didn't know, I always thought he was hot wet garbage overflowing with soiled diapers and last night's spaghetti. You would think if he were solid the Oil might not be in a death spiral, but I guess MacDavid just needs to pick it up a bit or something.
I don’t really have an opinion on any of this but I just wanted to say your username is awesome.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Would you actually like to know how Ceci has played this year, from people who watch him play? Or are you just going to pollute the thread with out of date opinions from years ago?

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I only singled out Ceci because the term and AAV is a bit much for a player of his quality when the team is in a dire cap situation. Is he really a significant improvement on what Ethan Bear was providing at a much cheaper price? Because the difference in salary between Bear and Ceci buys you another forward, and for a team dressing Tyler Benson for 19 games at forward that could be a bit more helpful in my opinion.
It's a difference of $1.25M, and Bear would be due a raise next season, and without Foegele, you're still dressing Benson.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Lol I love seeing all of these left wing extremists trying to make this as a bad signing he’s a beast. I respect that he says what he wants and does what he wants. He should have the freedom to do what ever he wants without being judged. He’s a great player and a very human person. I love this guy would love to buy him a beer. I’m glad to see him succeed.
Holy shit.

Everyone else: 'let's talk about hockey"

This guy: "I need you to know right now that I get my news from OAN".

jepari88

Feb 10, 2022
Edmonton is in trouble even without Kane, so why would they do this. Makes no sense. Well, come to think about it, very little that Edmonton has done the last 15 years makes sense so... :rolleyes:

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I honestly hope Kane can clean up his act because he's a great player who's fun to watch. His history makes me doubtful that'll be the case, but I'll be happy if he proves me wrong. I am certainly not a fan of him but I'd rather watch someone legitimately improve themselves than just keep doing bad, dumb things and getting run out of the league; especially someone as talented as Kane.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Lol I love seeing all of these left wing extremists trying to make this as a bad signing he’s a beast. I respect that he says what he wants and does what he wants. He should have the freedom to do what ever he wants without being judged. He’s a great player and a very human person. I love this guy would love to buy him a beer. I’m glad to see him succeed.

So sensitive. Did the bad people on the internet hurt your feelings? Awwwww, it’ll be ok big guy.

Reactions: Oilsauce

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You thought wrong.
There are plenty of problems with the Oilers right now. A lot of it is system based. But I guess every team that has lost 2 in a row can't have any good players, right?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
So sensitive. Did the bad people on the internet hurt your feelings? Awwwww, it’ll be ok big guy.
I’m a leafs fan I could care less what people say about the oilers. I believe A. I don’t care what anyone does if it does not effect me or has any potential of effecting me so I think it’s ridiculous how people care about what he does off the ice when it’s so small In a universal picture And B. There is no price not worth paying in winning. I just find it amusing how people let others who have no effect on them live in their head rent free. Just stating my opinion.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
But would you have an extended Barrie if you still had bear? Bouchard really makes Barrie redundant.
Probably - insofar as I think that's what Holland would have done. Beyond their names, Bear and Barrie are not similar defensemen. And although Bear was treated extremely unfairly by some fans after some high profile gaffes, he wasn't going to be given a great deal of trust by the organization. That's my guess anyway.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I’m a leafs fan I could care less what people say about the oilers. I believe A. I don’t care what anyone does if it does not effect me or has any potential of effecting me so I think it’s ridiculous how people care about what he does off the ice when it’s so small In a universal picture And B. There is no price not worth paying in winning. I just find it amusing how people let others who have no effect on them live in their head rent free. Just stating my opinion.
It's called empathy homie. I don't have to be affected by someone's actions to have a problem with the way they treat others.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Yes. He’s been a huge upgrade over Bear.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Best trade deadline move in the League? (Yes I know it happened before the TDL). But you can’t argue with his production and how well he’s fit in. He’s scoring at an impressive rate and has filled a huge hole for us. It allows us to move Hyman down to line 2 to give Drai some help, allows us to play Nuge at 3C so we finally have an effective 3rd line. Not to mention he brings physicalityc grit, and gamesmanship to a team sorely needing it as well. His teammates seem to root for him too and there’s plenty of good feels when Kane is succeeding. If there’s any locker room issues with this guy, it’s definitely not showing up on this years’ Oilers.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
Can we please stop the whining about Ceci and Bear? I was never the biggest fan of Bear’s abilities because they are limited at the NHL level, as was Matt Benning’s before him. Ceci is a clear upgrade on both and has played well on the top pairing with Nurse. 😐

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: