Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DET] Mike Green (50% Ret.) <-> Brodziak & Cond 4th '20 (3rd '21 if WCF & Green 50% GP)

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He's not a UFA at the end of the season is he?!

He is. Him and Ennis are pure rentals in that sense, however there is a chance the re-sign here. This could complicate that depending how he is when he comes back and playing time in the playoffs. Ennis on the other hand has other ties here so who knows? Fingers crossed (at the right price).

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
At this point is it luck or does our medical staff just suck at recognizing early signs which leads to players hurting themselves in the long run?

I’d like to believe that with all Katz’s money we would have one of the best medical programs money can buy.

I do find it odd however that year after year after year we are at or near the top of man games lost.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
He is. Him and Ennis are pure rentals in that sense, however there is a chance the re-sign here. This could complicate that depending how he is when he comes back and playing time in the playoffs. Ennis on the other hand has other ties here so who knows? Fingers crossed (at the right price).
Right. Love what I'm seeing from Ennis. I see him as an Archibald with tons more skill. Green, I can't gauge him yet from the 2 games he's played.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Watching Ennis in his first game... I really feel this guy is extremely underrated. Exceptional quickness and hands. Him 97 and Kass or Neal on the other side would be good. AA looks like he could work really well with Archibald and Sheahan.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I think so. I am really hoping they do something daring. I think most of us can agree Jones has looked better than Nurse?

Jones-Bear
Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Larsson
Nurse Larsson are our most reliable D men, like it or not. Tippett sent them out on the PK in OT.

I love Bear, and think Jones look great, I could see them as our future top pair. Unless Bouchard walks in a takes that top RD, but for now Bear looks like a sure fire #2, possibly a #1 in the making.

Reactions: Oilhawks and duul

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Nurse Larsson are our most reliable D men, like it or not. Tippett sent them out on the PK in OT.

I love Bear, and think Jones look great, I could see them as our future top pair. Unless Bouchard walks in a takes that top RD, but for now Bear looks like a sure fire #2, possibly a #1 in the making.
I believe this is simply due to them having more experience in the league, or being older. Both I guess. Certain players are exempt from this if they are high picks like Davo, and others they ease in. Not necessarily against this process, but I don't believe it's right for Nurse to be ahead of Jones at this point going purely off performance. I suppose there is a large human element to take into account. Nurse may feel slighted if Jones takes his minutes, etc. Nurse had his chance with Klef down to prove he is a top pairing guy. I believe he failed. He simply doesn't move the puck well enough or limit chances against enough to be that guy. We have to accept it.

I believe he will carve out the rest of his career as a #4-5 guy. Moving between 2nd, and ideally 3rd pairing duties.

As for Bear... what a beauty. Now we just need a couple more D like him and Jones ... we will be laughing !

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
At this point is it luck or does our medical staff just suck at recognizing early signs which leads to players hurting themselves in the long run?

He had a nasty knee on knee hurt during the last game, there were no early signs. The injury was directly caused by that hit, hard to blame the medical staff for that.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
don't bring Bouchard up. the way things are going, they're gonna crucify him :)laugh:couldn't resist)

but seriously, he's bound to get hurt.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I’d like to believe that with all Katz’s money we would have one of the best medical programs money can buy.

I do find it odd however that year after year after year we are at or near the top of man games lost.

We have the worst travel schedule in the league.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
back for playoffs though, and some regular season games as well. It could be worse, but it sucks for sure because I was imagining that Green was going to carve a role, not figure it out on the fly.

Sucks!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
One silver lining is that Bear will more certainly get a long look on the PP. Green could have threatened that.
I do feel like Bear getting a look on the 1st unit is a good step for his development.

Also to those who want him off it so that his contract negotiations go smoother, that is not a productive attitude, lol. Treat players right, and they'll want to stay.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
back for playoffs though, and some regular season games as well. It could be worse, but it sucks for sure because I was imagining that Green was going to carve a role, not figure it out on the fly.

Sucks!

we are lucky that both Peg and Arizona have stumble that last two weeks and that the Wild are so far behind us

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
we are lucky that both Peg and Arizona have stumble that last two weeks and that the Wild are so far behind us
also I would take all of our injuries, with recovery times measured in a few weeks, versus how the Canucks lost Markstrom. So much of their success was built on that one player. Even if we slumped a bit, there's a chance that Vancouver will slump harder, which could open another spot.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
also I would take all of our injuries, with recovery times measured in a few weeks, versus how the Canucks lost Markstrom. So much of their success was built on that one player. Even if we slumped a bit, there's a chance that Vancouver will slump harder, which could open another spot.

I have grave concerns

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I have grave concerns
I know it sucks, but with Green at least it seems like kind of an 'extra' deadline deal. Everyone was saying we should get wingers for McDavid. I did want a Dman like Green, so I was especially happy, but still. I recognized that McDavid's wingers were the pressing issue.

And yes, AA was the big acquisition and he's out for now, but Ennis looked damn good there, and Kassian is back. Yamamoto is almost back too, and Russell. So, it's not so bad, but we may have to weather a storm here.

And even if we spend some time outside of a playoff spot, I feel we will still end up in one as more and more players get off of the IR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad