Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DET] Mike Green (50% Ret.) <-> Brodziak & Cond 4th '20 (3rd '21 if WCF & Green 50% GP)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Benning will make more defensive zone errors with the puck than Green, which has always been a strong negative variable with this team. I was surprised, watching the last few games, at how good Green is at taking hits and still managing to make a decent play
Green's usage did expand last game compared to the one before. It seems like he will be in the top 4 regularly, and his special teams usage will be high. He was even used quite a bit on the the PK, which was a bit shocking to me, but it seemed to work.

Some of that seemed to be Larsson slumping but I feel Green's experience will make him more and more important as time goes on. Maybe we even see a Klefbom-Green pairing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Green's usage did expand last game compared to the one before. It seems like he will be in the top 4 regularly, and his special teams usage will be high. He was even used quite a bit on the the PK, which was a bit shocking to me, but it seemed to work.

Some of that seemed to be Larsson slumping but I feel Green's experience will make him more and more important as time goes on. Maybe we even see a Klefbom-Green pairing.
That's partly what I expect as well, also now that they will have practice time, I expect Green to get reps with the #1 PP unit.

Navx94

Jan 17, 2019
At this point is it luck or does our medical staff just suck at recognizing early signs which leads to players hurting themselves in the long run?

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
At this point is it luck or does our medical staff just suck at recognizing early signs which leads to players hurting themselves in the long run?
Not again please.
This sort of stuff is ridiculous

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
giphy (12).gif

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I saw this, what a brutal break. I wonder if Bouchard gets recalled.
I think so. I am really hoping they do something daring. I think most of us can agree Jones has looked better than Nurse?

Jones-Bear
Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Larsson

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
I think so. I am really hoping they do something daring. I think most of us can agree Jones has looked better than Nurse?

Jones-Bear
Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Larsson
The injury situation sucks but not bad enough to play two rookies on first pair!

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

Jones-Bear
Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Larsson

Nurse has had some issues, but putting Jones on the top pair would be a big mistake.

Just keep things the same until Klef is back and then go with the usual.

Nurse/Bear
Klef/Larsson
Jones/Benning
Russell

And shoot lagesson into the sun or back to BAKO.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Jones-Bear
Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Larsson
That would be crazy, especially right now. Plus Klefbom is much more likely to be back before Russell

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
People are forgetting about Benning and Russell.

Bouchard gets called up for the #7 emergency role.

Benning goes in and does a better job than not so Green anyways.

Russell hopefully back soon. In full practice I believe.

Bears time on the PP was getting better and honestly likely better then Green as well.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The injury situation sucks but not bad enough to play two rookies on first pair!

I don't think it is as big of a deal as some think, considering our best defenceman is a rookie, and our 'veteran' D-men in Nurse and Larsson are costing us tons of goals against at the moment. Way more than Bear or Jones.

Nurse has had some issues, but putting Jones on the top pair would be a big mistake.

Just keep things the same until Klef is back and then go with the usual.

Nurse/Bear
Klef/Larsson
Jones/Benning
Russell

And shoot lagesson into the sun or back to BAKO.

I agree with Lagesson. He is not a NHL player yet.

That would be crazy, especially right now. Plus Klefbom is much more likely to be back before Russell

Russell doing lots of reps with Benning at practice today. The media guys speculate Russell may be back tomorrow. It would be a bit crazy, but perhaps necessary...

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Russell doing lots of reps with Benning at practice today. The media guys speculate Russell may be back tomorrow. It would be a bit crazy, but perhaps necessary...
Haven't heard that, but if that's the case then Green has to go on LTIR

Edit: Nevermind Tippett, spoke on Russell, that puts the Oilers in a weird spot.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Before Green, 7th most man games lost due to injury on D. And I think at least 4 are non-playoff teams. Just us, Pittsburgh and Boston that have survived enough to be in a playoff spot

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Just announced him and Yamamoto are both game time decisions. Russell was leading the boys through stretches this morning. And yea, something will have to happen to find the room eh.
I think it's probably easier then I think, but who knows. I mean you can get bits of space with Klefbom or Green (or both) going to LTIR.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Jones needs to be playing on the 3rd pairing not 1st.
Jones-Bear and Bouchard in top 4 maybe great in 2022 but not in 2020.

Benning just replaces Green.
Russell replaces Lagesson when ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad