Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Duncan Keith for Caleb Jones and a 3rd | Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I lifted weights in highschool...
Ya, you could call me a professional bodybuilder...I know the struggles Arnold had.
I get your point but my point was its common sense for anyone, especially those who've played. Travelling is easier than playing hockey. Is that a crazy position to you?

Any reasonable person will typically relate their own experiences in trying to understand others. Empathy is an essential component of common sense as shared experiences lead to common knowledge. I never said it was a directly comparable experience but its easily relatable to anyone. You feel more rested working or competing less often. Duh. Common sense.

Reactions: CravenMH

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You gotta give credit to DNB, because at least that's one member of the media that's not afraid to ask the hard questions rather than kiss ass like Matheson or Jones.

He's my fav media person for this reason. Also, it was hilarious watching how upset Holland was getting with some of the media members questioning the trade. It's as if he lives in this delusional world where he expected everyone would applaud the trade :laugh::help:. This man should retire ASAP as he is delusional and stuck in the 90s

Reactions: McAsuno

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
It's crazy how Ken Holland doesn't understand he had the leverage like, at all.

Wtf.

The presser was embarrassing. "NHL Guide and Record Book", attacking DNB, all pissy about people asking questions on Keith's age. Disregarding the numbers.

Holland genuinely thinks he got a good deal. It's stunning.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
It's crazy how Ken Holland doesn't understand he had the leverage like, at all.

Wtf.

The presser was embarrassing. "NHL Guide and Record Book", attacking DNB, all pissy about people asking questions on Keith's age. Disregarding the numbers.

Holland genuinely thinks he got a good deal. It's stunning.
Back in 2002 when he hadn't won the cup for awhile he went out and spent $66M when the rest of the league averaged $38M and they managed to squeak out a win against a $32M Carolina team. That's what he's trying here except the Oilers can't spend twice as much as their opponent.

CravenMH

Aug 6, 2020
Cooke was a POS and took a run at Keith's head earlier, good on him to head hunt him back. Carter was being a dick. Stick to the face is a little much but nice to have some sandpaper on our blue line. Other than Larson and nurse everyone is pretty nice back there.
Yeah it looked pretty clear he didn't intend to get his stick up that high. Carter could have broke his wrist with the glove slash. I don't have a problem with that. And as for Cooke, doesn't really need explanation lol

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Holland name-dropped the team's analytic guy (Justin Mahe) in his final answer of the media availability today.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
He has 2 deals in place. I already got banned from here so I don't care. Both forwards
This is funny that it’s been said by you that it’s Hall and Hyman. Hall has stated he wants to remain with Boston. You talking about real estate means nothing. Maybe he sees an opportunity to make money. His first goal is to remain with Boston. After that I still don’t see him going to Edmonton. Hyman will be overpaid and will go to wherever he gets the most cash. It’s not possible for Holland to already have deals in place with these 2 guys. I call BS on your guesses. Who cares if you’ve had 3 trades right in the last 10 years. I have too.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Jesus Holland is seriously giving me Lowe vibes.
I just knew he was going to bring up his Chelios acquisition back in the 1900s... this guys a dinosaur

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Fun fact:

Adam Larsson is a stomach churning -11 in his last 11 Oiler playoff/play in games going back to 2017.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Jesus Holland is seriously giving me Lowe vibes.
I just knew he was going to bring up his Chelios acquisition back in the 1900s... this guys a dinosaur

Kevin Lowe was a pretty good GM, he wouldn't have made this move.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Things can certainly change but the last I heard from someone close to the situation, Hall wouldn't really have any interest in coming back to Edmonton any time soon.
He was prepared to sign with us last year for 4.5 mill... Gazzola keeps talking about Hall possibly coming back

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Are all Canadian fan bases like this? This board is starting to read like the Montreal board last season.

Not the greatest trade but its still early to see what the rest of summer and the ED will bring. Either way an old broken Keith > C. Jones and the Oilers have plenty of cap space now to waste a little. Besides, having extra $$ doesn't mean you can always get the players you want - remember Markstrom? Players will not always sign with you even if you have the $$ to offer. Holland is making deals to improve the team and that's what counts, unfortunately great defensemen don't grow on trees and seldom hit market so we got Duncan Keith, but he's still an improvement and the effect of his intangibles remains to be seen.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nah he’d trade RNH for garbage instead cause he’s too cheap to bridge the 100,000 gap
Or ask his agent for the bonus money back a la Mike Comrie

What does it say when all that considered he's still head and shoulders better than any other Oilers GM post-Sather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad